I feel robbed.

EyeAlone

Well, here I am again, unfortunately. This is my third time that I've had to come here for a break up. This forum helped me tons last year with my first 2 break ups so I'm hoping it will help again...

We had been dating for a little over a year now. We spent half of it long distance. He called me up last night to tell me that he isn't in love with me and he's known this for quite some time now but didn't want to say anything because he knew that if he expressed any sort of doubt, that would have been the end. So he decided to pretend that everything was okay for the past 8 months. WTF. All of this time he has been lying to me. I am so angry right now. I think that's incredibly selfish of him. I congratulated him on being a good actor because he did a f*cking good job of pretending everything was okay in our relationship all of this time. He always promised that he would be honest with me. Bullsh*t.

I don't know what to feel right now. I'm so angry that I wasted so much time on a guy who wasn't right for me. I'm angry that I let him deceive me.

I'm also sad because he's not the guy I thought he was. I'm really going to miss him... It's so hard to come to terms and realize that the guy I loved really wasn't "him," it was just a mask he was wearing. But I really thought that he was the right guy for me and now everything is shattered.

I'm now remembering how painful my last breakups were and I really don't want to go through this again. It's so painful and I just want a quick fix.

I don't know what else to write. I need to go cry. I f*cking hate this.

So sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately, this has happened to alot of us.

Try not to be too angry at yourself for believing the lies you were told. Liars are usually too good to recognize right away.

all you can do once your anger starts to subside is look at your part of the relationship (the part that kept pushing down the feelings of knowing deep down that he was lying) and promise yourself that you will not ignore your gut in the future.

Good luck and keep posting.

• Author
So sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately, this has happened to alot of us.

Try not to be too angry at yourself for believing the lies you were told. Liars are usually too good to recognize right away.

all you can do once your anger starts to subside is look at your part of the relationship (the part that kept pushing down the feelings of knowing deep down that he was lying) and promise yourself that you will not ignore your gut in the future.

Good luck and keep posting.

I don't know with whom I'm angrier: him or myself. He was immature and selfish enough to lie and I was stupid and immature enough to believe him.

I received an email from him a few hours ago stating that he had some stuff of mine at his place and to let him know whenever I want to get that. I wanted to throw my computer across the room when I read that. If I ever see his face again it will be too soon. I didn't respond to his email. I made the mistake last time with my previous ex to respond to that first email post-breakup. Nope, not again.

Philosoraptor

I will give you a bit of honesty here. Unless he is a pathological liar his words are not true. It is true that he wants things to end, but he is saying such things to give himself strength and to push you away so that you wont come begging back. It is an immature way to do such things, but odds are he is using this to pull away and to push you away as it will make his healing process easier.

• Author
I will give you a bit of honesty here. Unless he is a pathological liar his words are not true. It is true that he wants things to end, but he is saying such things to give himself strength and to push you away so that you wont come begging back. It is an immature way to do such things, but odds are he is using this to pull away and to push you away as it will make his healing process easier.

What words are you referring to that aren't true? I honestly can't trust anything about this guy anymore. My biggest clue should have been when he referred to himself as "a character." He said he basically puts on a face and keeps a lot of stuff deep down to himself as a defense mechanism. His words, not mine. Regardless, he's immature and handled things selfishly.

I don't know what's true or not from him but I guess it shouldn't matter since the end result is still the same. It sucks though because I thought he was way better than that.