Why do they think that we would wait for them even decades later?!

Sugarkane

Was reading a thread in second chances. A woman contacted her ex 15 YEARS LATER! Even though the guy married and had a kid. I mean are you kidding me? If my cruel ex did this I'd laugh head off.

Oh they say move on, but you know deep down they want us to pine away for them forever! They poke you with a stick every now and then, every reaction feeds their ego. Humph. Getting on with your life and being happy is the ultimate revenge.

They act sooo shocked when they've seen that you've gottten on with it. They act like no one should be happy except for them.

People have a great capability of cruelity, greed, compassion, love, and change.

I know of that thread you speak of sugarkane...funny how she kept pushing with gifts and all that for a meet up, but 15 years is just retarded.

so i am confused. you said 2nd changes. she contacts after 15 years. was she the dumper who wanted another chance?? 15 years later? the dumper?

who knows what made her do that.

she probably lived her life for 15 years and did everything she wanted.

then realised she was gonna end up alone , have no further options ,

and became desperate enough to reach out to her ex from 15 years ago.

whatever it is , i know one thing for sure and thats that it definitely wasn't love that made her contact the dumpee.

otherwise she wouldn't have waited 15 years.

it doesn't take that long to realise what you once had.

Actually it turned out she was trying to be manipulative since apparently the dumper's business was trying to secure a contract with the dumpee's business.

RecordProducer

Is this a thread about another current thread? :confused: Like, what's wrong with posting in THE thread? :D

Hm... I honestly think my ex-husband (dumper) thinks I'll wait for him and someday I'll realize what a wonderful human being he is. Of course, meanwhile, he is going to enjoy his life, try out with other women and if nothing better shows up, he'll choose me as his lucky girl. Of course, this is the most offensive thing a person could do to their ex-partner. He is not telling me anything like that but he's trying to keep me in his life: he takes care of my kids (who are not his), he put pictures of me and him on FB where we hold hands, even though he has a new GF (no pics of her), he comes out every time I pick up the kids just to see me, he even told me the other day he loves me as aperson, my intelligence, my sense of humor (this, after I told him I didn't like him as a person). I see through his manipulative tactics - he thinks he is "preserving" me in his life. Oh, he'll be so surprised when he realizes someday that I've pooped him out my heart. Funny, he thinks all the women who once loved him, like twenty years ago, still love him, some of whom have husbands and kids now.

Edited by RecordProducer

If you look in that thread further, I believe wilsonx makes the point of once a cheater, manipulator, and etc.. always one, something for those seeking out second chances.

Heh, made me think that if I got my ex-f back I'd have to always assume she will eventually repeat the past and well...that's just going to be miserable relationship.

• Author
I got a m8 who's ex contacted him 20 year later saying she was thinking of him every day.

She was the dumper

What is it about him, that makes her think of him for that long? Did she try and get back together with him? Why/ why not?