i am a victim of G.I.G.S

AlexisMacabre

AlexisMacabre

i finally realized what happened with my relationship with my husband.

he broke up with me out of nowhere.

he started to drink a lot and have parties.

he started dating a girl he just met a week after we split.

both of us are 20 about to be 21.

he says he wants me to move on and find someone who can treat me right.

he says that he wants to be best friends with me still.

he says he loves me but is not IN love with me.

hmm...doesnt this sound like G.I.G.S to you?

at first i could figure out what went wrong and why our relationship had ended out of nowhere, but ive been reading a lot and doing some research and i finally realized he was going through the grass is greener syndrome.

now, i have decided to just move go on with my life, i started talking to another guy who is very sweet and well my ex found out and after we officially became friends we texted for some part of the day because he took our son to the doctor for me and well after he brought him home i told him that i would talk to him later and he was like alright, i wasnt expecting him to text me any time soon and it was almost gunna be 1 in the morning and i got a text from him and he was asking what i was doing and ya know small talk then he started asking about this guy i was talking to and kept asking more and more questions and i answered all the questions and then he told me he was going to bed and he said goodnight and thats where it ended.

my ex is so hard to read and very unpredictable.

i will never understand him.

what should i do about him, i would like to be friends with him but i would much rather go LC with him because i just dont understand him at all.

he's also been coming around for 3 days now just because.

i need advice help me?!?!

Do you really think limited contact is a good idea for you at this point? I think you'd be much better off having NO contact at all. He only wants to be friends and keep you around to ease his guilt and not feel like a bad guy in this situation. If he had genuine interest in being friends he would give you time to heal after the breakup and try to reconnect much further down the road.

As far as understanding your ex, I don't think anyone can ever fully understand another person. Most people barely understand themselves.

• Author
AlexisMacabre
Do you really think limited contact is a good idea for you at this point? I think you'd be much better off having NO contact at all. He only wants to be friends and keep you around to ease his guilt and not feel like a bad guy in this situation. If he had genuine interest in being friends he would give you time to heal after the breakup and try to reconnect much further down the road.

As far as understanding your ex, I don't think anyone can ever fully understand another person. Most people barely understand themselves.

yeah, i would love to go no contact with him but the thing is we have a kid together so im going have contact with him for our son weather i like it or not.