im so confused and depressed about my love life

uongy

having broken up with my ex of a long-distance relationship(8 months),i was very broken hearted and hurt.this happened in Sept. and ive been trying to get over it ever since.though the relationship was rather short,i loved her with my heart and soul and i think that i did everything i could have in the relationship.i have no regreats or neither do i think about what i could have done.

i do believe that me and her were meant to be.everything between us was prefect.we never argued and we fit together prefectly.it was JUST the distance,we never saw each other as i or her could never do see each other due to our circumstances.we are both in school and parents didnt approve.i add that our parents were not to blame nor am i angry or upset at them.

since i have broken up with her,ive met many new people whom i have become "friends" with.however,having just met many of them,i dont seem to know what to say to them due to my natural shyness and sapped confidence.i cannot confide in my best friend who listens but is unable to give me any useful advice.

i notice that i have been feeling way better than i did wen i broke up with her and i have made progress.but i have got depressed because 1.miss her and know we would have made an incredible couple 2.shes what ive dreamed of in a girl 3.my new friends im still getting acquainted with.

im not sure what i should do first.please note most of my new friends are females.

thx for any help.happy new year everyone.

well, it sounds like you're doing fine! taking a while to heal after the break-up, acknowledging that you did everything possible but it didn't work out, acknowledging that she's not the only gal in the world with all the qualities you like (right??) (keep in mind ppl always seem better from a distance!), making new friends. in time, you can begin to date girls - maybe some of these new friends will make good dates?

good luck,

-yes