depression and being unable to love is a burden

fiat500

okay it's been 10 months. I've been depressed and in a rut for most of it and I feel aged because of it. this has probably been the hardest breakup I've ever been through because of the way it ended. I feel lame for saying this. it killed me. i feel half alive and don't know how to make my life better. I don't feel like dating because I'm still heart broken. I don't look at anyone.

it hasn't been all shades of gray though. i've slowly started to get back into my interests and studies. sometimes i'll have really awesome days but recently I feel as though I'm back to the first couple of weeks of the breakup and I don't know why. There's sadness in my heart again. Why does this happen?

It sounds like you may be suffering from depression. I am not a medical professional, so that's just my opinion - as a person who suffers from depressive symptoms due to a different issue.

Have you talked to a counselor or a mental health professional? Many people are unwilling to consider medication - but I will tell you that it makes it definitely takes the edge off of feeling terrible all the time.

Just some thoughts. Glad to know you are continuing to push forward.