Email Cheat: Was it play or the real thing?

lost in nc

I've been married almost 25yrs, the first years were very tough almost divorced several times.

This last 10 years have been great and once the kids moved out it has even gotten better.

I've recently found out that he has been emailing a women from his high school days. Emailing doesn't

bother me until I find that he has set up a meeting. He swears that he wasn't going to meet her, that it

was all play. Where I have a hard time believing that is in his message to her he said that he didn't

want to lose what he has at home so he wouldn't be able to stay long. Plus it would have to be no

strings and no chance of getting caught. To me this doesn't sound like email play. But he swears different.

So at this point I don't know what to do. I know he loves me and wants to stay with me. I don't know how

to get past this. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Tonya

I find that he has set up a meeting. He swears that he wasn't going to meet her, that it

was all play. Where I have a hard time believing that is in his message to her he said that he didn't

want to lose what he has at home so he wouldn't be able to stay long. Plus it would have to be no

strings and no chance of getting caught. To me this doesn't sound like email play. But he swears different.

Ill be blunt...... you already have the truth nagging at you.... your coming here for validation?... that truth within you is making your stomache turn... because you know that its the email telling the truth and not your husband.... since when do you play meeting someone? The no strings he was refering to no doubtly is meaning sex... he wants no attachments/problems/grief he just wants sex with her..... hence why he doesnt want to wreck his good thing with you..... its definately not email play..... You already know the answer.... what you decide to do now .... is up to you.... sometimes "us" women never listen to our first hunches or intuition.... if sometimes we would only listen to it! Good luck....

We do not know the details of the meeting. Was it in a public place for an hour, or was in in private, or for how long was the meeting set up? For an overnight trip. Although, I also think your intuition is probably right on. What you do with it is your business. I don't know if I would leave him, but he definitely needs to realize that meeting with her was bull sh__. Talking to other women can only lead to trouble. Tell him you'll go meet with her and him, if they want to be friends, then you want in on this friendship. Keep in mind to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. It has worked for me in some cases and I am now friends with girls that I know was pursuing my man (although they deny it, I know better).