Coping with pining.

lovesickmonkey

lovesickmonkey

I don't like that word, pining, anymore. It seems so quaint. "He's pining for the hills of West Virginia!" But they define it differently in that "Getting Past your Breakup" book. It's when, after the one you love leaves you, you continue looking for them. And the way I'm experiencing it makes it seem like a serious mental illness. When I'm in town (we both work in the same small town) I'm looking at every license plate. Everyone with long blonde hair off in the distance might be her and I have to find out. Is the phone message from her? Is the e-mail from her? Mostly it's the computer. I have never been so fascinated by it. I'm monitoring two e-mail accounts. I'm also checking facebook constantly despite having blocked her (making it IMPOSSIBLE for her to reach me). I'm still "practicing" what I might say if she contacts me. She won't. She's not there. She's not coming. She's not just down the road nor driving by. She's gone. And I'm continuing to look for her. And this is what it's like when someone who is your whole world dies, and I can't stand it.