Support system

filmbuffy

What kind of support system does this person have?

My ex has a history of going from one long term relationship to another. These relationships overlap and her excuse for leaving the relationship is that she has fallen out of love with that person. So what I want to know, who the hell thinks it is a good idea for her to continue with this life pattern? Are her friends/family tell her what she wants to hear or what she needs to hear? I am thinking they are telling her what she wants to hear.

OK, I spent a lot of time dwelling on this one myself. How could her friends/family possibly support her after having done something so low, devious and whoreish. Well, the answer is that they love her/him. Some of her friends (as was the case with me) might be supporting the actual behavior, but family is usually just trying to be there for them. Because they're family. And no matter what your ex did to you, there is no way family will forego their bond to back you up. Blood is thicker than water. I can hope my ex's mom gave her an earful or two regarding how she treated me, but in the end I'll never really know for sure.

Also, you have to consider the very real possibility of your ex having lied about the actual circumstance. What are they gonna say to friends/family "oh, yeah I cheated on/mistreated my ex horribly and then strung him along for a year after breaking his heart." Of course not, they are going to sugarcoat what happened - and the final analysis is that the ex's friends/family really don't give a hoot about your feelings anyway. Just how it is.