Time Slowing Down During and After Recovery....

Almond_Joy

Hey everyone,

I can't believe it's only been 2 months since the guy I was involved with cut ties with me. It's barely been four months since the initial breakup.

Now I can understand why those four months, from the breakup to a couple days ago, felt like years - intense, unstable emotions tend to make everything seem longer than it really is. But the thing is, I finally got over the breakup 2 days ago.....And these two days seem like they've been just as long as the days during the 4 month recovery were....:confused:

Anybody have an experience like this or similar to this? If it's typical I can let it go, but if it's just me I've got some analyzing and reflection to do lol......

I'd look at it as a positive thing. Your head is telling you to slow down and savor the flavor of being alright again.

The days will get shorter before you know it. They always do :)

HeartOfAPhoenix

I can relate.

It's been about 4 months for me as well and like you said, the days seem very long like the length of the days when we were feeling immense pain from the breakup. But looking back at these 4 months it feels like they flew by even though the days seem long. Even more strange is looking back at my relationship with my ex, It seems like it was just a huge dream.

• Author
I can relate.

It's been about 4 months for me as well and like you said, the days seem very long like the length of the days when we were feeling immense pain from the breakup. But looking back at these 4 months it feels like they flew by even though the days seem long. Even more strange is looking back at my relationship with my ex, It seems like it was just a huge dream.

Exactly! Sense of time just gets all thrown out of whack through the lens of experience. The relationship seems like a long ago dream to me now too. Very strange.

it really does seem like a dream. the moment i saw him a day after the breakup he was this heartless, distant, and somehow stupid man that just keep me away from him. eventhough i would love to run to him and hug him. we havent had a real hug for months. he was always busy or something.

it seemed like a dream just last summer i went across the country to spend the summer with him. waking up with him right next to me. I saw the the sunlight and the little rain outside. i still remember the smell but it was just so distant. maybe i knew then it wasnt mean to be?

yeah it seems like tim did help, but not as much. sometimes i still really hurt and its been 3 months already. so much time has passed and sometimes, so litter did I feel better.