After 3 years he had sex with someone else

charlotte

After 3 years my boyfriend is still lying to me and I always believed that we could make it work but then today I found out that he has been having sex with someone else at university. Obviously I still have feelings for him but what do I do?

He's lying and cheating -- what more must he do before you'll recognize that he's not the one for you? Regardless of your feelings for him, he's not a realistic prospect for happiness. You're young; you'll meet other guys very soon. And even if you're single for a while, I'll bet you'd be happier single than you would be anxiously wondering if your boyfriend is cheating on you again... and whether he's going to dump you soon for someone else.

He sounds like a jerk. Cheating very often has nothing to do with the person being cheated on -- it's not their flaws or shortcomings that drive the cheating, it's the cheater's flaws and shortcomings.

Break up with him ASAP. And then go find yourself a happier version of life, one which won't involve this jerk.