"feelings" for my ex, but i've kind of met someone new...

turokturok5

turokturok5

I hadn't seen my ex for a couple months and i wasn't really bothered, i had gone no contact with her and started to move on and it was fine. I saw pictures of her going out clubbing, getting drunk with her friends etc etc and having a good time, but it didnt bother me as much as it would have in the past. I always tried telling myself that someone better than her would come along if i just moved on and it kind of did happen. This girl started talking to me over facebook, always complimenting me, being really nice and seemed generally interested in my life, unlike my ex and she started giving me her number/asking if she could come watch me play sport and such, the only problem is i dont have feelings for her. With my ex i had feelings for her before i even really knew her, because she just seemed like a really nice person, this new girl is just as nice but i just cant seem to get interested in her and its really bugging me, i keep thinking about my ex again now.

But anyways went out to the movies with a group of friends, that of which my ex belonged too and i had reflected on our relationship and realised that i had been really immature and stupid and couldnt figure out why i acted the way i did as i had never acted that way before, if i knew that back then i wouldnt have blamed her for everything that happened, avoided her entirely and start hating on her. I went and sat with her and her friends and talked to her/them etc etc, in the past i would've avoided a situation which involved me giving her direct eye contact, but it just seemed nice to talk to her again and act as if we were "friends."

I'm just really confused about my feelings towards my ex. I really did like her, but i can never see us dating again because its too late to tell her that i have reflected on what happened and that i have changed, but despite the fact that i can't show her this i've learnt a few lessons about myself and relationships anyway. I just don't understand why i may still have feelings for her though, i mean this new girl who i've started talking to is just as nice as my ex was, exept she showers me with compliments and talks to me a lot - things which my ex never really did, but i dont have any feelings for her. They say that when you meet someone new feelings for your ex go away, but it hasn't happened and im afraid of going into a relationship with the new girl if im not into it 100%, because i dont want to hurt her. What do i do :S

You really can't even consider a relationship with this new girl at the moment, it wouldnt be fair. If it's meant to be, in time you'll get together. As it stands, if she doesnt completely blow you away its not worth getting involved and it's completely unfair on her.

I suggest having time apart from your ex.. stop looking at the photos, stop hanging out. Take your mind off it.

In time your feelings will fade. You'll prabably meet someone new who blows your mind and then you'll realise that you dont have feelings for the ex anymore..

Hope that helps x

• Author
turokturok5
You really can't even consider a relationship with this new girl at the moment, it wouldnt be fair. If it's meant to be, in time you'll get together. As it stands, if she doesnt completely blow you away its not worth getting involved and it's completely unfair on her.

I suggest having time apart from your ex.. stop looking at the photos, stop hanging out. Take your mind off it.

In time your feelings will fade. You'll prabably meet someone new who blows your mind and then you'll realise that you dont have feelings for the ex anymore..

Hope that helps x

thanks for the reply, its just really annoying because i have had A LOT of time away from my ex so i dont understand why i still have feelings for her, we only dated 2 months and have been broken up for 5 and we only see eachother once a month and its always with atleast 5 other people, outside that we dont talk at all and a few days ago was the first time we actually really talked in those 5 months, i dont understand :/