10 months apart and still pining...what is going on?!?!

Ex and I split nearly 10 months ago now. Although I am definitely in the process of getting over him and moving on, I'm still getting terrible urges of missing him. Right now I'm feeling really fed up with life in general. I think a number of factors are contributing to this.

1) I started something up with someone else. It was very early days as he lived quite a long way away. At first he was very keen and I was feeling really confident. Ex found out and was bothered by it and that made me feel even more empowered. It caused arguments between ex and I as it was obvious he was jealous. Things were going well with the new guy but then, all of a sudden, it just seemed to fizzle out. Although I'm not bothered about HIM precisely, I am saddened by the fact that I'm completely alone again.

2) All my friends are in relationships or getting married and that mades me feel exceptionally lonely.

3) My first 'love' if you can call it that is getting married this year and as the big day approaches I'm finding myself depressed about that as the girl he is marrying is the girl he left me for. It's hard seeing them happy when I was the injured party in the whole thing and I'm on my own!

4) Things are really 'friendly' between me and my ex. We see each other often because we have a child and things have never been frosty between us. Sure, we've argued, but we've always been mates. He often comes to drop our child off and will stay and tell me about what he's upto. He's even begun confiding in me. He still expresses a 'desire' for me and tells me he'd like to have intimacy with me. I never would and he knows it's relationship or nothing. But keeping close to him brings me comfort and it 9/10 him reaching out to me.

I know he's clutching at straws but he's all I have left and I can't shake the fact that there is definitely still something there between us. I still love him and I'm finding it hard to let go of him completely. I'm in such a rut. When will it go away?! I'm just feeling like I'll never fall in love again and my chance has been and gone.

You have child with him, so he'll always be a part of your life no matter what. You can't change that as it's not fair to your child and you. If you still want this guy you need to come to grips with yourself and thing about it. If not then it's time to let go of him and find someone else that can raise your child and take care of you needs. Don't make this destroy things with your ex as he needs to move on also. Only if you two think you two could work things out? If not move on with your life. Take care of your kid too they need more of your attention now than ever!

Hi I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I've tried seeing other people too, but so far lady luck hasn't been on my side at all! Everyone also seems to be engaged or having children aswell, which doesn't make me feel any better either.