Leaving town, leaving her...

So tomorrow is my last day in town before I move about 7 hours away. I have been NC with my ex for about 5 months. I just graduated college and have about 2 friends left in town, very small chance at landing a job in this town and I am finally going home. I feel sad though...I want to contact and say goodbye and leave on good terms but I know that I cannot face her without feeling things so I am not going to contact her.

I am excited to be starting a new life but at the same time I am a little down about leaving her behind...I have completely mixed emotions right now. Should I try and say goodbye?

Its funny you should mention this. Tomorrow I am moving about 2,000 miles away from where I currently live. I have been NC for nearly 9 months myself. Part of me does want to reach out and wish her a proper farewell, but I have decided that it would only bring up old painful memories and thoughts and might make my transition more difficult than it already will be.

If I were you and she hasn't reached out in 5+ months, I would just let it go. She has clearly already left you behind...

Just my $.02

DONT DO IT

LEAVE, I PROMISE YOU YOU WILL FEEL BETTER

I did this 5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. She called me 3 years later and told me she made a mistake blah blah blah and I just laughed at her after listening and said good bye.

You're starting a whole new life, move on, leave your ex in the past

Wilson,

I have a feeling what happened to you is going to happen to me. I know that she will never find another guy who was as good to her as I was. Who cared about her like I did, but hey that is her problem now. Not mine.

• Author
DONT DO IT

LEAVE, I PROMISE YOU YOU WILL FEEL BETTER

I did this 5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. She called me 3 years later and told me she made a mistake blah blah blah and I just laughed at her after listening and said good bye.

You're starting a whole new life, move on, leave your ex in the past

Thank you. That was all I needed to silence that stupid voice in my head. Haha.

stopthemadness

Sorry for your pain and heart ache. But leaving is a good thing. Starting over new smwhere else, again. Good thing. Good luck. And remember, everything happens for a reason. You will one day Love again. We all will.........