finding oneself and sexuality

dkoala

i was just curious. is it just a female thing to doubt oneself and want time and space for self-discovery and self-exploration? (as a guy, i can say for certain that i never really needed time apart to know who i am.) or am i just generalizing personal preference in terms of sexuality? (and did i just answer my own question... :D )

It's defintely not just a girl thing to want to doubt oneself and want time and space etc etc.

That's exactly what my (ex) boyfriend has been saying to me for 4 months now. I could not see the sense in that - my argument was why can't one discover, explore etc. with a relationship going on. Then you even have someone close to bounce ideas off, someone who understands.

Some people just seem to separate love and the rest of life, whereas some of us see love and life as inextricably bound up.

It does seem that most of the posts here about the Other One wanting time alone to sort themselves out concern girls doing that, I have noticed that and have wondered about it. But men do it to, take it from me.