a woman scorned?

innerpeace79

innerpeace79

Hi there, Please could someone just give me their opinion on a one sentence email i received from my ex? i would really appreciate it as i don't know whether i'm being paranoid. Just to explain, same sax (female) relationship, both femme and 30, together 2.5yrs split up 8months ago. I got dumped.

Right well she's off travelling in south america, i'm about to go travelling also (not same place).. she sent me a very long thoughtful email (after being LC) about safety tips, in a concerned manner.. as i was scared to even read it (been coping moderately ok with her not in my life didn't want to be all upset again) it took me over a week to read.. when i did i was relieved and sent a thank you email back, upbeat, friendly and grateful. Well a day later she sent me this "cool thanks! have great experiences" and that was it..

Now my problem is that it sounds to me like a 'pissed off' email.. the reasons i think this are:

+ she was supposed to give me a contact info for a friend and she didn't

+ it's her birthday next week and i didn't mention it, though i was going to write on the day... my email could have sounded like i wasn't going to write for a while, wishing her luck and all that.

+ if we were together that would be the kind of thing she would say/write if she was pissed off... she doesn't like waiting.

However, because we have been split up 8months and are not talking to each other like we used to ie. keeping it light and as thought we're strangers, I feel it just could be as it says and i'm reading too much into it!

I know this is boring but i really don't know how to respond, i feel like i lost all my confidence after the split and have become paranoid and insecure... feel like i don't trust anyone... i want to respond. If anyone knows what a woman in a mood sounds like, and if this is it.. please let give me your opinion.. thank you so much!!! much appreciated :)

hummingbird

hi

sorry you feel lost in trust and confidence..goodness knows I am deeply in the midst of pain and loss right now...

don't know how much I can be of help but from what I read...

sounds like she is offering you the same advice she herself has taken....

she is cool and having "great experience" in her travel..

you may be overthinking and reading what isn't there between the lines..

some people play games with words and emotions and you may know if that was her style... but my sense is...

she sent you a kind message; wishing you safe and good travels...

if there or was more to it... wouldn't she have expressed it???

I do hope you are able find innerpeace with this and make your travels all that they can be...in fun and confidence..

chin up--- time for your good experiences!!!!

• Author
innerpeace79

hey hummingbird, thank you so much for your reply... it's very kind of you.. i know i'm probably being paranoid and shouldn't over analyse.. i've been doing it a lot and need to just let go and stop worrying.

I'm sorry you're in a similar situation, break ups suck so much.. you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and a positive person, i'm sure things will work out for you too..

thanks again, i will try my best to have the greatest time possible :) take care