Does this text message mean anything?

My boyfriend broke up with me 7 months ago. That last time I talked to him was in the middle of January, so I haven't talked to him in almost 4 months. He told me to contact him when I'm ready to be friends. However, the other day a couple of his close friends were on my bus and they told him, and he texted me saying "haha I hear you're on the bus with _____ and ____." I didn't reply because I wouldn't even know what to say/don't want to be hurt again.

Does him texting me after all this time and after him basically wanting nothing to do with me mean anything? Or am I just over-thinking it? I really thought I would never hear from him so this was really random and I'm curious as to what he could be thinking.

sandman223

Its breadcrumbs. He is trying to pull you back in. He dumped you, and now its been a while since you've given him the time of the day. I wouldn't respond to him until he gives you something more than just a friendly text. You don't want to give him back the power and hurt you all over again. Don't be his backup plan, don't let him use you to build his self-esteem.