Best friend and lover was killed in a car crash

MissingYou

I became friends with Nathan at the beginning of the year and we had so much in common that we soon became best friends. We used to hang out everyday and always had so much fun together. I felt i was in trouble because i started to realise i was falling in love with him and i couldnt hold it in much longer so i had to tell him i was gay. He was fine with it and things were better than ever. Two months ago a few events occured and while we were both intoxicated :/ we kissed and i found out he felt the same way about me. We then became involved with each other and i was the happiest i had ever been in my life. Two weeks ago i got a phone call from Nathans mum and i found out that he was in a car crash and had been killed. I lost the best friend i ever had and the love of my life. He was 22 and i am 19. Anything like this every happen to anyone else and how did you manage to cope with it? Please help. I am completely lost and am not handling this well.

VASH THE STAMPEDE

I know losing a person that is close to you is very tragic ,hurtful and confusing,but thats life's uncertainties.

You must move on in time.

Your wounds will heal as time passes try not to think of his death but what a life he lived.

How terrible for you! You didn't mention if you have support from your friends and family. If not, you might need to see a counsellor. This is no sort of thing to go through alone. My condolences to you.

My lover was killed in a car crash 3 years ago this weekend. Of course it felt unbearable, there is no way it cannot. Accept that you are going to feel overwhelmed with grief, it is absolutely normal and actually unavoidable, so sit with it, just cry and talk. Try to let people hug and comfort you. It can't change things but you need that.

People told me that eventually time would make things feel better. For a start I didn't believe them, and then I didn't want things to feel better, because that would mean that she had finally gone from my life, and I wanted to hang on to her for ever.

Somehow now time has passed. I never thought it would. And though I think of her, the details of the crash etc. a lot, I can honestly say that I have recovered. Of course I am still sad.

Believe me that one day you will feel better, but not yet.

Life will move on. 3 years to the day I am now recovering from a extremely painful breakup. The grief feels similar. I cannot believe that I have had another very meaningful relationship since she died, and that it is the loss of that that is now hurting me. So life does change and move on; you will have more love, and with love comes pain too. It happens, to everyone.

Have courage.

HokeyReligions

I'm so sorry. Whatever you feel - feel it. Find family and friends to share your grief with you and family and friends to help distract you from it for a while. You will go on, your life will change as you allow it to change, and you'll find that you are a better person for having loved and been loved. I'm sure that Nathan would understand your need to grieve, but would also want you to move forward and find happiness again.