Moved out and slowly feeling better

Felixtheecat

Felixtheecat

This past Sunday I finally moved out of the apartment I shared with my ex. She agreed to finally see me in person after being broken up for about 9 days. We talked and things mostly went well. I was a very emotional experience of course. Signing over the apartment and giving up my keys was a especially hard. I was pretty giving up the last of what stake I had in her life except for what remains in her heart.

I'm still upset that she notes the love she had and still has for me, believes in my ability to change and improve all my emotional/ anger issues, truly wants to be in my life, but doesn't think she can ever be in a relationship with me again. I just sounds like all the components are their to rebuild and complete the relationship that we always strived for. Perhaps 9 days is too fresh in the breaks for her to even consider such a thing in her mind.

With everyday that passes I do feel a little bit better and am making great strides to address my issues truly not just for her, but for everyone else in my life and myself. My life feels likes it feel apart for several reasons over the last 5 months, but it would seem that the worst has come to an end and i'm feeling hopeful.

I'm attempting NC right now and we'll so how long it lasts. My ex kind of set a time line that she would perhaps like to hang out as friends no sooner than a month from now, but perhaps even longer than that. I get all sorts of mixed feelings about that. Originally I couldn't wait to see her, but now I wonder if that would be too soon.