An Update

brokendreamz

brokendreamz

So, now almost 4 months out of 8 year relationship.

I went to peices, shut down completely, ended up at a therapist and on anti depressants.

It took her leaving to see that I had a problem with depression through out our relationship (and before) but neither of us realised it, just thought I was a moody twat!

I'm in a much better place now and it feels like I'm coming out of a horrible nightmare - only this time when I wake up she's not there to tell me it's all been a bad dream!

I have learnt alot about myself through this experience and I know I am a better person for it. My depression is going to take some hard work and I'm not ready to meet anyone else yet as I'm still deeply in love with her - although I don't think I could take her back now, which is a wierd feeling.

I miss her terribly but I know I'll make it through. I don't want her to be unhappy, but the thought of her out seeing other people and getting chatted up by other men (she's beautiful) kills me a little more every day.

I'm in the best shape of my life - the gym has really been a saviour, I've got a new wardrobe and a new attitude to life. I've re connected with old friends and just come back from a 2 week holiday in the states so I guess I have come a long way since not being able to get out of bed and almost loosing my job!

One mantra that has helped me through (and that I now sport a new tattoo of!!) is 'This Too Shall Pass'.

One day someone will come into our lives and make us realise why it didn't work with anyone else.

I wish you all, all the best. These are ****ty times but hey what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?

PowerOfOne

Great post mate!

And a fantastic quote to have inked!

What doesn't kill us definitely make us stronger. Without a doubt :)

I'm happy to see you are doing great initiative actions to get yourself back.

I don't want her to be unhappy, but the thought of her out seeing other people and getting chatted up by other men (she's beautiful) kills me a little more every day.

Though you have to shake off this thought. You will never know if she's happy or unhappy. It's her life. Why not think on how you can be happier. And, she's not the only BEAUTIFUL lady in this world. Be positive. And of course, I hope you love someone not just because of her appearance (I know you are real in your previous relationship, just a gentle reminder.)

inthedeep

I enjoyed reading your post. My boyfriend broke up with me 4 days ago, and 1 week before my college graduation! It's this Sunday. He was supposed to be there, hugging and congratulating me. I hadn't really seen my old friends in months so now I'm scrambling to make plans, as all I wanted to do was go out with him to celebrate. I have plans now for the weekend, but this week is just so sad because normally I would have been at his house (as I have no finals), going out and having the time of our lives. Nothing would have made me happier.

It's hard going through this transition, and then getting dumped on top of that. Breakups seem to come at the most inopportune times. Or maybe the best times, I'm not sure.

Thanks for reading.

• Author
brokendreamz

Inthedeep: 'It's hard going through this transition, and then getting dumped on top of that. Breakups seem to come at the most inopportune times. Or maybe the best times, I'm not sure'.

I found myself watching Eat, Pray, Love (God, I think I'm turning into a woman!) There was a great quote that made me look at things in a different way...

'Ruin is a gift - The road to transformation'

I am trying my best to realise that I will be a better person for all I've been through and somewhere deep down I know it's true. It's just going to take a while to get through it all.

Good luck :0)