New here, want someone who might understand!

itshouldn'tbotherme

itshouldn'tbotherme

Well hey everyone! my name is Kate and I'm 25. I split up with my ex in the middle of last year. We have a child together too. So it's been around 9 months since we split and thigns were going fine, we get on well, are perfectly civil etc etc. I went on a lovely date on Friday and was on top of the world when I got home that night. I woke up the next morning, and my ex dropped our daughter off and said before you find out anywhere else I'm with someone else now, just wanted to tell you before someone else did. So I said Ok that's cool, it didn't really bother me although it was a bit of a shock. The last few days however, through facebook, I have been subjected to reading so many "I love you" no I love you more.. no I love you the most...etc etc. Pics of them together looking really happy etc. It has made me feel literally sick. I genuinely feel physically sick most of the day now, and I don't know why. i don't want him back, he has told me he isn't even serious about her anyway, I know what he is like and he loves the beginning of relationships, starts off as the most perfect boyfriend and then changes into a horrible person, hence why we split up! So i know what he's like, I don't want him back and she is more than welcome to him....so why, after all this time, is it making me feel physically ill?! Things with my date are goin ok although I get the feeling he may not be bein entirely straight with me which isn't helping matters. I know my pride is hurting more than anything else....I shoudl really block him from my fb and stop looking at the messages but I can't stop myself. Also if I remove him from my fb he will notice and I don't want him to think that I'm bothered cos we still get on ok. I just wondered if anyone else has felt the same? I want it to stop bothering me, and I know it shuldn't bother me, but I can't help it! It's turned me upside down, I felt like I was well over him and that I wouldn't care when he moved on, but it's really affected me :(

I know how you feel. I'm over my ex, and I'm single, but she's with someone else. It makes me feel awful looking at her lovely pictures of her with her boyfriend, or their sweet messages to eachother. It was because she was happy with someone and I had no one, despite me being completely content with myself.

Remember, clicking that little X in the corner can hide all their posts off your news feed, and the rest if up to you and your self control. It may be hard at first, but I'm sure you'll get used to it!

• Author
itshouldn'tbotherme

hey..thanks. I forgot you could hide posts by them! lol. I am swaying today between being really bothered and not caring so it's a definite improvement on the last few days but still not great. I don't want him back, he was an awful boyfriend and I can tell by the way he is being with her he is almost certainly going to do exactly the same to her as he did with me, all sweetness and light at the beginning and very loving, affectionate etc but once he has her hooked he will turn and isn't very nice! So yeah, I'm definitely better today, but was feeling bad when I wrote this earlier. I'm guessing it will get easier, just feels like it's being flaunted in my face iykwim! Thanks for the reply :)