How long does it take to stop thinking about them everyday?

No_hope

I am over him, I don't want to get back together with him. Our relationship is done, he cheated on me with a few girls, he left me for another girl, he wont even give our son 5 seconds of him time. This isn't a man I want to be with. But I still think about him EVERYDAY!

I used to wake up every morning depressed he was no longer at my side. I would wake up in the middle of the night knowing he was with someone else. I would go to bed every night thinking about him, missing him.

now he is no longer the first thing I think about when I wake up, I no longer wake up in the middle of the night crying my eyes out, and I no longer think about him before bed.

I do how ever think about him through out the day. Not missing him or anything, just... he is kinda there. Like sometimes a tv show, or a song will remind me of him. Or if I cook something my kids love, it will remind me of him. Or when his friends talk to me, it of course reminds me of him. When I cuddle up with my baby it reminds me of him, when my 3 year old asks "where daddy?" I feel really sad and dispointed.

it's been 3 months since he left us for another woman. My 3 year old asks where he is from time to time, but not as much in the beginning.

he really has no intentions on having to do anything with my kids anymore, he ignores me and his family when we try to get them together. He couldn't even call his own son on his FIRST BIRTHDAY.

he is basically out of our lives, he needs to grow up, and 3 months isn't going to do squat. If he does come back into at least my kids lives it's going to take awhile. I don't want to think about him anymore. I have been distracting myself, but the memories of him always seem to creep up on me.

Feel for you and your child. Sadly I don't think there's a definite guide on how long those memories or feelings take to go. I used to be totally like you, always thinking about my ex and feeling so depressed every single day. Over time that has changed to where I do still think about her just as much, but I can deal with it better and it doesn't upset me as much.

I guess like all feelings they eventually go with time. Hang in there, you're not alone.

takes a while, howevery yo may always think of him just that the feelings will mean nothing.

My ex fiance crosses my mind like once or twice a day but for like 5 seconds and I don't even care its just Oh and on I go

I dunno. In the past I've found that it happens kinda suddenly. Like you immerse yourself in something else (after spending months trying to do just that, it finally works) and all of a sudden they're just an abstraction to you, a memory like the time you jammed your finger or stubbed your toe. You just say, "Wow, that hurt" and can't even recall exactly how it felt, but you remember that it hurt.

I wonder when I'll stop having the impulse to log into his match.com account and make fun of his illiterate, cliched messages. Oh *sigh* He has this dumb, posed, professional photo up. LOL But I haven't looked since I found it and broke up with him. I'm not going there. I actually don't really care what he's doing. But still... for me, it's not just thinking about him - sometimes I'm not thinking about him, but many of my activities (e.g., LS) can be directly connected to the breakup (i.e., something I'm doing to distract myself), so no matter what, right now the loss is all up in my space. Can't wait for him to be exorcised.

Edited by lapse