Finally accepted that it's done.

radrluv72

After 13 weeks of NC, I think I've finally accepted that it's over & done with my ex.

Yesterday was my ex's birthday. I've read a million posts here of LS about the issue of whether or not to wish an ex a Happy Birthday based on the fact that one has to stop & think about what their expectations are in even doing so. Well, what motivated me was, at first, that for some reason I felt bad about not doing so. But I knew that if I did it, there was probably a very small chance that my ex would respond, given the fact that neither one of us has tried to contact the other during the past 3 months. Against common sense & logic, I pulled my ex up on FB and sent him a message simply saying, just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a happy birthday...that was all.

Strangely enough, after I sent it, for some reason I was hoping that he wouldn't respond. All I honestly wanted to do was wish him well, not in effort to open the lines of communication again, but I knew I was still breaking NC nonetheless. Or maybe it was for the purpose of my own ego, just showing that I could still be the bigger person and be polite. I don't know...but even though I had told myself I wouldn't do it, I did it anyway.

Well, as it turns out, he didn't respond. So really, my expectations were met. I have to admit that I'm a tiny bit annoyed that there wasn't at least a "thank you", but you know what? Not getting that response, in a strange way, gave me closure. I woke up this morning, feeling ready to genuinely move on. My heart, as much as I fought with it since our breakup 4 months ago, finally accepted that it was over with. I had finally shown myself the difference between the two of us in terms of maturity. I can truly be the bigger person and wish him well. Unfortunately, he can't find it within himself to do the same for me. It's sad and furthermore...it's his loss.

So, I took some new pictures of myself for the personals, ready to get invested in meeting someone fabulous and new. I am beautiful, I am kind, I am intelligent, I have a lot of things going for me and he chose to let me go. And that's fine...the love that he turned away, someone else will have. I was the best thing to happen to him, and the day he realizes that, it'll be a sad, sad day.

I have myself back again, which is good. I really missed me. ;)

Thatguyintx

I have myself back again, which is good. I really missed me. ;)

Make sure to treat you well!

And, your avatar...WOW! Very beautiful!

• Author

Ha...thank you...it's one of the pictures I took of myself today for the personals...liked it so much that I made it my new profile pic on FB & my avatar here as well. I've been here since the breakup, so I figured, what the hell...lol...

Of course, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't hope just a teeny bit that my ex would see my new pic and eat his heart out a little. It's the first new picture I've taken of myself since he dumped me...would serve him right to have a bit of a reminder of what he walked away from. Buwahahaha. ;)