What are the chances your ex is on LS?

TryTryAgain

TryTryAgain

This is just food for thought...

I have always wondered, "What if my ex were to sign up on LS and then realize I am on here too? Most of us anonymize our own names as well as our exes' names, but we share so many intimate details of our situations that it wouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Not that I'm paranoid about it, I just wondered if other people have thought about this or if it has ever happened. The thought of her reading my sob stories makes me cringe!

• Author
TryTryAgain

By the way, my intent is not to make people feel paranoid about posting. I just know that it has been something in the back of my mind and was wondering if other people think about it.

tommy.is.my.name

I have thought about this too. Don't know of it actually happening. But, I can say that my relationship before this last one I was the dumper and came to LS looking for advise. I was hurting too. Breakups are a two way street. Unless the ex is not human he/she will have pain as well in the process.

Duckduckgoose

Don't know if exH reads it, don't care if he reads it. He would come off as one of those selfish, depressive males, claiming to be a "nice guy" and wonders why none of the women are into him.

He is a good writer and would do a fantastic job of painting himself as the victim when the reality is our marriage failed because of both of us.

If he was on here and I found out who he was I might try to expose him for what he did... or might not. It would probably be best to let him simmer in his own woe-is-me broth.

willowthewisp

Seen it happen twice on the divorce and seperation board, both times couple were seperated and women was cheating. One turned into a kind of couples counselling session! Both couples reconciled.

Tommy, some don't hurt, they go into denial insteda according to my IC, its years later when the denial lifts that they hurt.

worldgonewrong

TryTryAgain: ha! I've had the same lingering thought too.

willowthewisp wrote,

Seen it happen twice on the divorce and seperation board, both times couple were seperated and women was cheating. One turned into a kind of couples counselling session! Both couples reconciled.

Huh. In a weird way, I actually find that mildly reassurring.

willowthewisp
TryTryAgain: ha! I've had the same lingering thought too.

willowthewisp wrote,

Huh. In a weird way, I actually find that mildly reassurring.

One of them, the one that turned into a couples counselling thing, was a very strange situation. The couple were still living together but she was having an online affair and phone sex in the bedroom whilst he was listening outside. Then she would have sex with him in the spare bedroom later the same night, all the while telling him she no onger wnated to be married to him! To be honest, both were as bad as each other in many ways IMO.

Do they allow internet access in prison? If so she would come off as one of those women who created a bunch of self inflicted drama and her yet acts like she is the victim.

No offence to my ex's. But I highly doubt any of them would have the nous to even think about talking about relationships on a forum, and if they did it would only be because they'd found out I was on one and they'd snoop to find out if I'd said anything about them. Most of which I'd already communicated with them in person so it doesn't bother me one bit.

In saying that I have a few real life friends that either read or write on here. I'd refer them to come here when they were in a tough spot in their relationships, if only so they can get a range of opinions other than just my own.

My ex couldn't care less...

Once I refered her to a forum where I post some poetry, some of it dedicated to her, and she found it so engrossing as seeing paint drying...

Even so, because I am old fashioned and a gentleman, I refrained of telling in my posts that she and I did the deed, until now... ha ha...

Out of 5, 5 being he's stalking the boards looking for a similar story like ours, chances are a 1. He did notice that I look up just about everything... who knows whether he knew and to what extent. Regardless, I wouldn't care. I doubt he looks up anything in the boards. I'm sure he'd look me up on FB if I had one at the moment. He probably thinks I blocked him.

collegeguy_24

My ex actually did find me. Of course, it was my own fault, as right after I found out she left for another man and I was in a major mental breakdown, I posted her full name on here.

She asked me to take it off two months ago, I told her I couldn't and to talk with Tony.

stopthemadness

ok, following collage guy 24..I say we ALL post the full names of the a-holes who caused us all this pain and heart ache..Oh if only?????hahahaha

collegeguy_24

Technically nothing is stopping you from posting the names of the people who screwed us over, but be prepared for an angry email from them if they google search their name and it comes up lol

My ex actually did find me. Of course, it was my own fault, as right after I found out she left for another man and I was in a major mental breakdown, I posted her full name on here.

She asked me to take it off two months ago, I told her I couldn't and to talk with Tony.

I remember seeing that. I remember wondering "damn dude, she's probably gonna see this"

Personally, I find my ex-bf reading this forum is 0, because he's not the one being dumped.

This.

My ex is probably on another forum reading on how to suck dick haha

No chance at all. He's the one who doesn't care anymore, so what kind of support would he need? :laugh:

melenkurion

No chance at all.

He's not really hurting that much, he was cheating for months and chose to leave. I doubt he's looking back. He has exactly what he wants.

i highly doubt he would find this forum. he could - - but he really has no need to go looking for it since he was the one who kicked me to the curb. at any rate, i don't care if he reads what i wrote. most of the stuff i post on here would be stuff i'd say to him if i wasn't doing NC anyway.

DollyGirl12

I highly doubt my ex would ever come to a message board. He has no desire to see his problems, nor seek help for them in any way, shape or fashion.

LOL yah - what most of you said. Ex has never had the spine to take a look at himself or want to see how he contributed to the downfalls in the relationship. Gosh, maybe if he had been the ruminative type, it wouldn't have gone this way. No chance atall.

Jdw_Icequeen

I've worried about that myself the fact is alot of dumpers do snoop on there exs.. Why?? I assume its because they still have some sort of feelings but who knows. I showed my ex this forum way back when we were together and told him I was on here after my divorce..

So since then yea, it bugs me to think he could be here reading what I write about him. Not that he would have the grapes to post anything.