What have you done for YOU?

NoEnd_Mary

I wanted to start this thread to encourage everyone here to focus on themselves instead of putting so much energy into their ex. My plan is everyday to do at least ONE thing towards improving your life. I don't care how big or small it is, it can be anywhere from paying a bill to cleaning up clutter. After time, all these little things will add up to be a big step for us to move in the right direction. It is also good to distract yourself with positive actions that help YOU not them. Let us start this journal to help us improve ourselves. So, what have you done today to improve your life instead of wasting energy on your ex? I'll start:

1) Paid one of my bills online and changed my sheets.

dreamingoftigers

1) Cleaned up most of my yard

2)shovelled the walk (8 inches of snow!)

3) Cleaned the washroom

4) Took out a carpet to be aired out

5)Threw in some laundry

Boy, none of those is very joyous at all!

• Author
1)

Boy, none of those is very joyous at all!

Hey you accomplished a lot today! Errands are never fun but at least you got them done! I think that when we are heartbroken we just neglect taking care of ourselves and our surroundings so I'm going to keep a journal to keep me on track. Tomorrow I hope to accomplish a lot more.

dreamingoftigers

I am heartbroken but he's not an ex yet. But he isn't here either.

dreamingoftigers

That would be great.

I think I scored a 7 on my first run through.:( That's pretty bad!

1) waxed my legs

2) cut my bangs

3) worked out/ yoga

4) studied really hard

5) eating very healthy (lost 20lbs woo!)

6) get very dressed up just to go out

7) gone on long peaceful walks with my kids

8) looking up in life

9) got together with old friends

10) spoiled myself with buying home made bath supplies -100% organic!

11) painted my nails

12) cleaned my house spotless - so many times

13) blogging, lots and lots of blogging

14) I healed myself mentally, emotionally, physically, and psychologically knowing being single is actually a good thing for me right now, and I am not going to die with out my dead beat dad of an ex.

you can see my previous thread on healing here =]

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t271851/

DollyGirl12

Well, I have started walking again. When I was with my ex I was becoming stagnant, as he was disabled. Didn't even realize that I was becoming down and feeling kind of "frumpy". LOL.... I have always stayed in pretty good shape but much of our time focused on where we were going to eat, planning a meal or a movie. Nothing really active. I'm not use to that for my physical or mental well being. I need to stay somewhat active and moving around.

I have started to dig deeper in my house and start picking up. I always feel much better in a neat atmosphere.

I have been devoting much more time to my business. When he was here I was not focusing on the things I needed to focus on.

I wanted to start this thread to encourage everyone here to focus on themselves instead of putting so much energy into their ex. My plan is everyday to do at least ONE thing towards improving your life. I don't care how big or small it is, it can be anywhere from paying a bill to cleaning up clutter. After time, all these little things will add up to be a big step for us to move in the right direction. It is also good to distract yourself with positive actions that help YOU not them. Let us start this journal to help us improve ourselves. So, what have you done today to improve your life instead of wasting energy on your ex? I'll start:

1) Paid one of my bills online and changed my sheets.

Mowed the grass(after fixing the petrol mower myself!)

Went to see a play with a friend(and managed to work a sat nav to get there!

Dug the garden ready to put the spuds in.

Had a looooong bubble bath to ease my aching muscles!:D

TryTryAgain

Finally cleaned all of the mail and bills off of my coffee table!! Now it's just holding a cup of coffee and it is delicious.

eleanorhurting

I studied for my exam tomorrow... boring. But I am going to be a doctor and all my heartbreak and mistakes and exes are going to matter soo little the day I get my diploma.

silvermane187

Hmm well it's only 9 am...so

-Got to work on time with time to spare to get a large coffee and maple pecan danish

-Talked myself in to resuming my gym routine after taking a week off to rest a knee injury

-Listening to my favourite foo fighters album and browsing the web while doing the bare minimum amount of work to stay off the bosses radar