First love break up. Give up hope and move on?

Steven T

I have been browsing these forums for a while now and this site is helping me get through a break up. I have decided to post and share my story in hoping at least someone can give me some insight and guidance to help me.

I will try to keep it short for you.

I broke up with my first love of 2 1/2 years last Friday. We were at her friends wedding party. As the night went on she wasnt paying any attention to me neither were her family who were sat beside me. I got really angry inside and decided to get up and walk out. This is not the first time we have broken up, I broke up with her again a few weeks ago. Since the last break up we decided to try and sort ourselves out so we can make this relationship work! But this hasnt seemed to have worked out due to me leaving and wanting to break up with her at that wedding party. It has been 7 days now with NC. I feel like she uses me for someone to lean on when she is upset or someone to be there for her at times. Our little arguments have been happening more often than they ever used to, as we never really argued before.

I do miss her, but deep down I am hoping I have made the right decision to call it a day, as its not fair on both of us to keep having these arguments, its like a vicious circle. I keep hoping she will text me and we can work things out again, but this doesnt seem likely as this is the longest we have ever not spoken to eachother.

It's just a shame because she is my first love and we spoke of getting married and staying together forever, we were like the perfect couple and got on reallly well most of the time.

I do think she can be selfish and self centered at times.

Please could someone share there thoughts.

Steven

If you think she is worth it then go after her.

Since you left her and you are creating this roller coaster.

Try to be more of an adult though and don't just walk out when it seems she isn't paying attention to you.

If she is worth it then try contacting her.