Why do I have to ignore ?

lolo1234

Ex texted me "hi how r u?"

I have ignored. Remind me again why I should ignore ? I've been 17 days NC. I know there's a good thread about this but can't fInd it now!

• Author

Ok Ive had some time to think about this and I know why I have to ignore.

1. The text was probably just him checking on me. I don't want him to know what's going on in my life

2. If he's just checking to see if I'm still around -- I want him to see that I'm not around at his beck and call

3. I really don't want to know about him. Last few conversations we had left me feeling down

4. He himself hasn't been a good "friend" after the breakup so I shouldnt feel guilty about not returning the message.

5. I just don't feel like talking to him. Period.

Just to also add:

You ignore everything and anything that is not an obviously-worded plea for forgiveness, and admission of a really grave and desperate error on their part, and a sincere and firm promise to do whatever it takes to regain your love and trust.

Anything else - ANYTHING ELSE - is total BS and breadcrumbs.

THAT'S why you Ignore and stay on NC.

ok...?

• Author

Ack he just called. Lol is it wrong that I feel good about doing this?

Yeah what he did those last couple of months was basically slowly pull away from me. Reneg on all the commitments he had made. Make me out to be a crazy person. And I know how he is. He has a very sensitive ego and me doing this is going to freak him out. He seems to have thought that if he ever came back to me I would go back to him. Such arrogance will not be rewarded.

• Author

It's kinda funny that he would reach out the day after I threw out all his notes. It's like he can sense I'm moving on.

I have to remember that this is about me moving on. I keep on wondering what's going through his head.... :/

Instead of asking why do I have to ignore?

Ask yourself, why do I have to reply?

Oh...this is great. Very Lao-Tzu like..

Btw, my first dog's name was Fufu :p

stopthemadness

Ignore ignore ignore!!! Dont set your self up to be hurt AGAIN. The first time shame on him.The second time shame on you.....But ya i too am always trying to figure out what going on in his head, we need to stop that...