Took some action

lolo1234

I took all the letters from him I had saved and cut them up into tiny pieces. Dumped into the trash. Didn't even take the time to read them one last time. The only thought I was thinking was "damn I wish I had a shredder". . Then I proceeded to make some chicken soup (cuz I'm sick). And I got so much pleasure out of tossing those onion peels and vegetable scraps over the notes. I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Thatguyintx

Very good!

I also shredded all the notes she gave me. I took them to a hiking place high on a hill that was once special to us and let them go. Very therapeutic to watch the paper fly away.

I also got rid of every gift she bought for me.

Get better soon (physically and emotionally).

stopthemadness

Good for you!! thats a big step. I was keeping a journal from like first week of breakup. Wrote in it for months, per my therapist. One day i went back to read some of it(wow) it was very dark, very sad..I was very broken..First week in Feb I burned it. It felt Soo Good to let all that stuff go. It was very freeing.I no longer keep a journal. Kinda feel like am past that part (cause iam) Burning my journal was very therepeutic. Keep up the healing..WE can do this...

Wow very good. I am so proud of everyone. I took a knife and slashed thru this painting he made for me and just tossed it. I also sold his gifts and it felt good to get rid of them. I am also donating all the clothes he gave me. It really frees the mind when you physically let go of the stuff -- reminders of a relationship failed. Go us!

• Author

Yay!! We're doing right by us. Which is what we need to do right now. I erroneously gave up so much of myself for him. It's time to take that power back.