Starting to reach indifference...

wmrjw82

I'm not all the way there but unfortunately I can see myself reaching that point. Why dont I see this as a good thing? To me, its because i'm reaching the end of this story. This girl who I thought was so amazing and wanted to marry came in and out of my life for 6 months. 6 great months. Then it abruptly ended by her (read my prevous posts if you're interested in the story).

I have now reached 57 days NC (with the exception of 2 text messages I sent her 2 weeks ago in reply to a txt she sent me that she thought I had some stuff of hers and wanted to meet up to exchange stuff... I nipped that in the butt and told her not to contact me anymore if it was in regards to material things. I haven't heard from her since).

I guess they say that it takes roughly half the time of the relationship to get over someone and I suppose that would be the case here. I'm disappointed that she quit on me and my child. I'm sad that i'm starting to realize life without her.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... you dont ever get over someone you really loved that left you. You simply get used to it. :o

Indifference is wonderful isn't it? Or maybe it's not wonderful since indifference means not caring either way. :laugh:

I love that you cut her off! Good on you for setting boundaries and sticking to them!

That's it isn't it? It's like a really great story, full of ups and downs and now it's ending and you don't want it to because you currently only remember the good parts and can't let go.

I know from the past that I'll be past these feelings I have for my current ex too and I feel that is a sad thing as it will mean my story with her is well and truly finished... and I too thought she was the one.

Just typing that made me feel all empty inside. These final realisations that it is truly all over. That this person is just totally gone from my life. It really hurts.

Oh wow. I look forward to indifference. I totally agree with you btw with that quote if yours. You never really get over it. Funny but the first time I got dumped, the dumper came back to me almost a year later and I managed to break his heart that time around. I don't think about him. Somehow that Revenge evened thing out. The one other guy I fell hard for who rejected me is still in my dreams til this day. And we're talking something that happened 10 plus years ago!!! .

I know from the past that I'll be past these feelings I have for my current ex too and I feel that is a sad thing as it will mean my story with her is well and truly finished... and I too thought she was the one.

She was the one, for the time you were sharing your journey together.

Just typing that made me feel all empty inside. These final realisations that it is truly all over. That this person is just totally gone from my life. It really hurts.

You're feeling grief, and it sounds like you're progressing very well to accepting your loss of a relationship.

Indifference is good. I thought I was to the point of indifference after 9 mos of NC until the ex contact me by email and I read it. Then all of a sudden I feel like I am back to square one. That's why it's so imp not to break NC, even if it means reading ex's email and not responding. It's still communicating, just one-sided. I want to reach the point of complete apathy. I really hate feeling down and I really want to move on with my life already! I'm getting so sick of this!

Funny but the first time I got dumped, the dumper came back to me almost a year later and I managed to break his heart that time around. I don't think about him. Somehow that Revenge evened thing out.

This has happened to me with 2 previous rel. And by the time they came around I was like oh well too bad m*fers. It felt great to return the rejection. One of the guys was supposedly a player. And it felt great that I was actually able to pierce him like that and he got caught up and ended up playing himself in the end! It was so stupid. He would call me and stalk me for months and I was like wtf you're the one who didn't want to be with me, so what business do you have coming around now. He would leave love songs on my answering machine like it was some stupid movie. Ridiculous. Good I hope they realize and hurt 10x more.

I love indifference which I would reach there now with the latest ex. My two previous ones I'm at total indifference I can see y ex fiancé and not feel anything.

Heck I know she's engaged I don't care one bit

It takes time but once your there it's amazing almost like the person is a stranger