Little information is driving me kinda nuts

ladeedee

I went out last night for the first time since we broke up and picked a night he was working so I wouldn't have to worry about seeing him around. He works as a bouncer at another bar.

I was going into somewhere else and my friend who frequents the bar he works is there. I tell her that I'm now single. And she said, "Really!" She said this in the most not-surprised tone.. cause she knew. "I saw him the other night and he talked about you. I'll tell you about it later."

I practically avoided her all night after that. I was with my close friend and I kept saying, "I don't want to know what he said." It was in the back of my mind periodically.. what was he saying. Even the day after, I can't help but wonder what it was.

But I'm glad I did not ask. I don't like this! Why can't I just go on without this stupid drama crap!

What sucks is that he is predictable. We've broken up twice. I know his behavior. He's talking about me to my friends. I don't talk about him hardly to anybody but my closest friends. Some of my friends don't even know yet and now he's told one of mine before me! What the hell! What does he say!

What to do....

Guess you should have asked!

In all honesty, I doubt that if what he said was "bad" that she would have even said anything to you. I'm thinking the fact that she said she would talk to you about it later indicates that there was a lot to tell. She did not have the time to invest in telling you everything that night because it would have taken too long. This makes me think that he told her about the break up and it is not as cut and dry and you might think.

• Author

Thank you for responding!

I want to know but then I don't want to know. I don't want to know because we are over and it isn't going to make a difference. The only thing I do know is that I probably am better off not knowing... but damn am I curious! I think it would only hurt me and it hurts a little knowing he's talking to my friends.

What do you mean that it's not as cut and dry as I think? Would you elaborate on what you mean?

And very true, if it was bad idk if she would have said anything. However, she was drunk when I saw her, so it's hard to say whether it was good/bad long/short story.