Am I crazy to think this way?

happythroughout

happythroughout

My ex isn't the most successful person on earth but I believed he would succeed after he finishes his grad school because he's hardworking.

Now I feel that I'm going to miss out on his success and everything that I believed in him for. His girlfriend will benefit from all those. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't with him because I wanted him for his money or anything like that. But I feel I won't get to share his success and joy of it.

Am I going loony?

I have similar feelings as you right now. I have been broken up with my girlfriend for 4 weeks. We last spoke 6 days ago to say we could not be friends right now. Days prior, I got offered (and I accepted) my dream job to work with our State's Criminal Prosecution Department. She knew how much I wanted the job and called me up when she found out I got it. She sounded very very happy.

Right now, I often think about how I wish she could share my experience with me at this new job. I start tomorrow and I wish she would call and say good luck and have fun on the first day and I could call her after work and tell her how it went. And I wish I could tell her about the first case I work on and the first case I lose and the first case I win.

I'm not sure if she's feeling what you are feeling (i.e. wanting/wishing to share this experience with me) but I know that I am. :(

I don't think you're going loony... it's normal I guess?

• Author
happythroughout
I have similar feelings as you right now. I have been broken up with my girlfriend for 4 weeks. We last spoke 6 days ago to say we could not be friends right now. Days prior, I got offered (and I accepted) my dream job to work with our State's Criminal Prosecution Department. She knew how much I wanted the job and called me up when she found out I got it. She sounded very very happy.

Right now, I often think about how I wish she could share my experience with me at this new job. I start tomorrow and I wish she would call and say good luck and have fun on the first day and I could call her after work and tell her how it went. And I wish I could tell her about the first case I work on and the first case I lose and the first case I win.

I'm not sure if she's feeling what you are feeling (i.e. wanting/wishing to share this experience with me) but I know that I am. :(

I don't think you're going loony... it's normal I guess?

Congratulations.

The other part of what you said that I left out is also true. There are things I want to share with my ex too but I can't now. I miss how I used to talk to him about things.

Congratulations.

The other part of what you said that I left out is also true. There are things I want to share with my ex too but I can't now. I miss how I used to talk to him about things.

Don't know if it will make you feel better but it will all work out in the end. I'm telling myself all of this too. Everything happens for a reason.

It's funny because if me and my ex were still together, I would not have gone for this job. However, since she is out of my life, I was able to take the job and still be able to finish my degree at uni. So yeah, everything happens for a reason is true!

Just try not to think about it too much.

• Author
happythroughout
Don't know if it will make you feel better but it will all work out in the end. I'm telling myself all of this too. Everything happens for a reason.

It's funny because if me and my ex were still together, I would not have gone for this job. However, since she is out of my life, I was able to take the job and still be able to finish my degree at uni. So yeah, everything happens for a reason is true!

Just try not to think about it too much.

I believe in everything happens for a reason and fate. Sometimes it's not that easy to believe though. :p