Do you get jealous of others in relationships or getting into one?

happythroughout

happythroughout

A female friend just told me that she started seeing some guy. It made me a little green eyed and wonder when my turn will come.

I really don't see how I'll get into another relationship anytime soon. I'm not talking about looks or social skills. I'm just not one of those girls that get all the attention all the time. I'm also not one of those people that are desperate for a relationship.

At least until the breakup. I was okay not being in a relationship before I got into a relationship. But after a breakup, it suddenly became not okay not being in a relationship and I got jealous of people in relationships.

Do you get jealous? And do you ever feel like you have to be in a relationship?

ReturnToSender

Actually seeing others starting a new relationship gives me hope that it can happen for me..and when I see someone breaking up or things not working out I really feel heartbroken cause thats what Im afraid of for myself again....

I get flip-flopped too sometimes though. I loved the relationship I was in...it wasnt demanding, it was sweet, it was nice to have someone to talk to, have intimate moments together both sexual and non-sexual... But then I do stress over the idea of being in a relationship with someone too... Like Im not entirely sure where or how someone would fit into my life at this moment. On one hand I feel like I lucked out with the last guy that we clicked the way we did, but on the other feel like if I found someone I clicked with once, it can happen again...

So all that being said, yeah, when someone meets and starts seeing a new guy, hes usually nothing at all what I want for myself and nothing I could possibly get jealous over...which makes it all the easier to be happy for them lol

Sometimes, but then I know how it is in relationships the first few months are great, then fights etc.

I'm at a peace now I've been here before, just got to get to the point of not caring so much anymore then I'll be fine.

threebyfate
Do you get jealous? And do you ever feel like you have to be in a relationship?
When I was single, jealousy or envy didn't even occur to me. If anything, I was always happy for the individuals.

Relationships to me aren't goals to attain. They're the meshing of compatible individuals. What someone else finds to be the most amazing partner or relationship, won't necessarily be my preference. And even if they are, I'm just glad that people are happy.

I dont get jealous so much as feel sorry for the people involved. These days I can see red flags and impending heart break every where.

Wow that sounds jaded.... I do have hope that people find love and can keep it, but i dont think I personally believe it will happen for me any time soon, and i am ok with that thought.

Relationships, no matter how happy you are in the start, seldom go the distance, and in the end if you are lucky, apparently the measure of a successful relationship is that you get to DIE not single.. ??

ok so yeah i might be jaded lol but i think i am just being realistic :)

• Author
happythroughout

Wow, you guys are optimistic.

So all that being said, yeah, when someone meets and starts seeing a new guy, hes usually nothing at all what I want for myself and nothing I could possibly get jealous over...which makes it all the easier to be happy for them lol

I wish I could see this. I've heard this a lot, that why be jealous of someone in a relationship when their SOs aren't what I would want for myself? I don't see the point though. It's not whether I want their SOs or not. It's that they've found someone.

Sometimes I bemoan the fact that when all my friends eventually find SOs, I'll have no one to hang out with anymore. :D

IDK. I miss being in a relationship. It seems, at least on the surface, that they have someone to talk to, someone they can call their halves, someone that "belongs" to them.