A movie guaranteed to brighten your day!

shawn923

For all us male dumpee's out there... Or females i guess can relate too. Watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Its a breakup/comedy made by the same ppl who did Superbad, 40 year old virgin, so u can expect the humor to be along those lines...I watched it before i went to bed last nite, Its about 2 n half hours long tho i was surprised. But its a tale of what a man went thru after a harsh breakup... and how karma worked in his favor on his road to redemption! Im a college jock, and EVEN I cried during some of the scenes... not because i was sad, but it kinda gives me hope. I was smiling and crying. It really shows the dumb things we dumpees do and go thru, and makes light of the situation, makes u laugh, while telling us EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE in the long run... A great movie i came across IMO.

silvermane187

Too bad I saw this in theaters with my ex. We joked about it for months. Oh how she loved the puppet show at the end. /facepalm :laugh:

TheUnthoughtKnown
For all us male dumpee's out there... Or females i guess can relate too. Watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Its a breakup/comedy made by the same ppl who did Superbad, 40 year old virgin, so u can expect the humor to be along those lines...I watched it before i went to bed last nite, Its about 2 n half hours long tho i was surprised. But its a tale of what a man went thru after a harsh breakup... and how karma worked in his favor on his road to redemption! Im a college jock, and EVEN I cried during some of the scenes... not because i was sad, but it kinda gives me hope. I was smiling and crying. It really shows the dumb things we dumpees do and go thru, and makes light of the situation, makes u laugh, while telling us EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE in the long run... A great movie i came across IMO.

My ex and I were watching that movie the night we had our first kiss. She still has my DVD. As a result I can't watch it anymore :( I don't even dare attempt to because I know my mind will go back to that first night and how utterly and unbelievably amazing it was. That pain is too much to bare. On the subject of feel good films; 500 Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are guaranteed winners.

Strength of Heart

I watched this movie years ago when I suffered a harsh break up (Not as serious as this one, but my ex was purposely trying to hurt me) and was pretty depressed. I watched it a bunch of times over the course of a few months, always got me in a great mood as it's something you can relate to and something you wish in your heart will happen one day (Meeting someone better, that is.)

If you want two to really tug at you, I suggest Adam and Post Grad. Both are great flicks with two very different endings. Just don't let Post Grad give you and false hope. It is Hollywood after all.

Not to brighten your day but in a weird way make you understand... American Beauty.

Masterpiece. :cool:

Idk what movies to watch that won't remind me of my ex..we literally went to the movies like every week last summer. and actually had movie night like every month when we would rent a movie or watch a classic. so even some of my favorite movies hurt to watch. Ugh....Although suckerpunch was pretty good!!!

Not to brighten your day but in a weird way make you understand... American Beauty.

Masterpiece. :cool:

Blue Valentine is also pretty awesome.