Ex-bf texted me on my birthday...why?

duckbee

We broke up in the mid-Jan because his feelings for me were fading and he didn't wanna work out anymore. I proposed the break-up and he took my "suggestion".

I was fine the first 2 weeks, but then I started to think about him a lot. Then I tried to LC and reconcile the following 2 weeks, like calling him, asking him out (he refused) and went to his place to see him. He refused to get back strongly and has a strong will to move on.

Later, I found out he had already started dating other gals. I comfronted him and he admited and yelled at me.

After that we went to NC for a month (actually he did email me once with a really short note and notify me a minor issue but I didn't reply).

Then it was my bday a few days ago...he texted me and I didn't expect he would have done that because he insisted so much to move on and he didn't seem to want to be in touch. I replied "thx, xxxxx!".

The breakup has been 2 months. I don't think he wants to get back since my friends saw him with another gal 2 weeks ago. I'm just curious why he bother to text me? to show me he's not cold-hearted?

DustySaltus

More than likely he was seeing some of these girls while he was still with you and was looking for a way out. Maybe he doesn't want you to hate him, so he's texting you. He may be feeling guilty about the way he handled things, but he's still dating other people. By continuing contact with him you are letting him know that you are ok with his actions. So I suggest you just leave it alone stick to NC.

• Author

yes will definitely stick with NC because i see no point to stay in touch

no hatred but i don't see we should be friends as we were never pure friends.

i still think of him like he's always on my mind....but i no longer have the urge to call or see him...i simply want him to be "out of sight, out of mind".

i deleted his # and facebook thou the # is still in my head and i still see his comments on our mutual friends' posts.