just reinstated NC!! support my cause! lol

Stilicho

so, me and my ex of over 2 years, split in december due to her G.I.G.S and kissing another guy bc of it.

after the split, we went NC, but, she placed herself in some of my classes this semester, and has basically forced LC. At first, it was just small talk in class. Than, she began sending breadcrumb texts, like pictures of her dog we picked out together, or food she cooked that i taught her how, etc. than, she began to email as well, and soon, we were talking on the phone. not long after, she was asking to hang out and leaving small notes on my car, bringing me food and drinks at school as well. (mind you, she is still seeing the guy she left for)

So, after 45 days of this, today after class, i told her that i will no longer to respond to her attempts to contact me and to sit elsewhere, and that i am no longer playing her games. i said it was bc of the fact i still have feelings for her that i dont want to talk to her anymore. weve both told each other this in the past, and she has mostly ignored it, but this time i feel it has sunk in.

thing is, i already miss talking to her =/ lol, but i will maintain NC fully. i am no second option, and i dont deserve her ego boosting breadcrumbs.

noww, have i made the right decision? lol also, anybody else in NC doubting it? lets talk about it and help each other maintain it.

ReturnToSender

Im in the same boat... Nothing changed even though he was still trying to keep in touch with me, sweet txts, making dates with me, he was still seeing the other girl and also found out he was seeing even more girls on top of that...to which he said he was just casually dating and not actually involved with anyone.

I still love and adore him, I miss so much our times together, It kills me that we wont have that again...but I cant go on with him in my life on his terms. Every so often I pick up my phone and want to text or call him...but I know better. Its just inviting him to put me back on the list of girls he hooks up with, and I dont want to be on that list.

I know i made the right decision, and seeing how your girl is also still kicking it around with that guy, I think you did too.... They got what they wanted when they cheated and left to be with someone else. Now its a matter of looking out for ourselves and our happiness and getting what we want without them too.

We have to do it, Stilicho. :)

I broke up with my ex 3 months ago, I'm on 17 days NC at the moment and every day is tough. Not that I want to get back with him any more, but it's hard just getting it in your head that you can't contact that person at all if you want to move forward.

It's not just a matter of getting your self-respect back, it's a matter of focus. They're not important for our futures. Good luck. :)

• Author

Thanks rose and rts, yeah, its definitely necessary, although its hard as hell. Yeah, the hardest part is knowing that at times you would've been doings things togethers, they're doing it with someone else. Especially in my case, where she ran to the polar opposite of me, like she was rebelling against us. Like, when I told her today to go NC, it was in her car, which reeked of marijuana, something just a few months go she swore made her sick to the stomach just getting a whiff. Apparently its cool now though. Idk, its necessary, I still care for her and that's why its a must.

thing is, i already miss talking to her =/ lol, but i will maintain NC fully. i am no second option, and i dont deserve her ego boosting breadcrumbs.

noww, have i made the right decision? lol also, anybody else in NC doubting it? lets talk about it and help each other maintain it.

absolutely! especially if she is still with the other guy -- not only is that rude - - to both you and him - -you would have been enabling her to have her cake and eat it too by continuing to accept those crumbs.

i am in the same boat. caved into crumbs after close to 3 months of NC. i thought i had healed enough and could handle it. but after a few weeks he casually mentioned that he's on a mission to get a gf and has joined a lot of internet dating websites. after three solid days of having him tell me about dates he had lined up and forwarding me profiles of girls who had him it up i reached my breaking point and told him i was going NC.

soo - - today marks day 9 at NC. i do miss him. and will probably always love him. we had been friend long before anything else happened. but ultimately i'm happier and better off maintaining NC. i have to do what's best for ME, not him. and much to my surprise - - i find it's a bit easier the second and hopefully the LAST time around ;)

but i don't regret breaking NC. i think i had to break it in order to understand how important it is NOT to respond to the breadcrumbs - - no matter how tempting they may be.

good luck to you all!

• Author

ur right radio, our ex's did not care at all about doing what was best for us, so why do we think to accomodate them? its time for us to think only of us.

today, im feeling a lot better about everything, sure i miss her, doesnt help that i work 2 blocks from her, and only 10 minutes from her house, and in the past, when id leave work, id go straight to visit her, so thats still weird, and school obviously, but, im starting to let go of that hope that shell come begging back, and starting to feel like i truly dont want that. after everything ive done for her, for her to treat me like she did, is insane and cruel.

ofcourse i miss her, i was with her over 2 years, and i can say she was the only girl ove ever loved. but i know NC is the right thing to do, and i will maintain it.