Ex-girlfriend and best friend, slowing down the healing process...

turokturok5

turokturok5

Me and my girlfriend split 6 weeks ago, she dumped me for being too clingy. After being pretty down about it for 5 weeks i figured she wasn't the type of person i thought she was when we were dating as opposed to when we were just friends and i don't want her back - she didn't treat me very nicely on some occasions during the relationship and has treated me badly post-break-up. I started to heal, but im pretty sure shes going for my best mate and hes reciprocating which is starting to upset me.

I think she likes him because ;

*As soon as we broke-up, she started texting/talking to him on facebook a lot more

*When we're together in a group setting, she is always around him/hitting him/teasing him

*She tells him stories and stuff that she use to tell me when we were dating

*She talks to him on facebook till like 2am - she told me when i first asked her out that her way of showing me that she liked me is because she talked to me on facebook heaps.

*She asked him out to coffee with just them two.

*When we're in a group she always just says little comments to him all the time.

*This probably sounds stupid, but she is really in-active on facebook, as in she only ever talks on chat. She hadn't commented on someones status in like a year, she had never commented mine when we were dating and she commented on one of his the other day. Some of our friends we're really suprised saying things like "woah <her name> actually posted a comment :O"

I think my friend likes her because:

*While i was dating her he would never come out in a group, now he always does.

*He would always try orgainze "guys nights" now the girls are always invited, for example, when we went to watch a cricket game, they turned up, he organized the movies this week, they're going.

*Hes always telling me that she texts him heaps and says things like "why isn't she coming online!"

*He acts different in front of her, he actually acts pretty nice, hes usually loud/agressive/abnoxious/swears heaps.

*She had a day off uni on thursdays, he went to uni on thursdays. Now he's decided to do his lectures at home instead and continues to tell me he can't go out as he is busy, i asked him what he was doing he said "dont worry."

*This one may seem a little silly, but he listed her as his "brother" on facebook. The only reason i think this may contribute to him liking her is because the only other girl he's ever like, he listed her as his "mother" on facebook. And after he accepted it one of my best friends mates, who wants my best friend to get together with my ex so they can go on double dates started commenting saying "incest."

It sounds pretty stupid, but yeah im pretty sure they like eachother. It's just upsetting me and will really upset me if they do start dating. Not because of the fact that she is dating someone else, because i don't want her back, but that fact that it's my best friend. A few weeks after the break-up when he was talking to her heaps i questioned him, he got angry and said "we're just friends, i wouldn't dog you out like that!" And the fact is, if they did date eachother it would kind of ruin my social life. Firstly because i wouldn't want to do things with my best friend anymore, as im pretty sure theres some kind of "bro code" which states you don't date your mates ex's and secondly because as i mentioned before, we all hang out in a group, so how could i possibly go out with the group when my ex and best friend will be there all over eachother? What do i do about it...

Tell your friend, man!

If he's a friend, your best friend for that matter, he won't date her. If he does, than you may WANT a new social life, since the characters in this one don't seem to be moving you along in life at all. Just my two cents.

• Author
turokturok5

Yeah i talked to him. He told me that she is going to his house tomorrow, he thought he'd let me know so i don't get the wrong idea, he says it's just like me going to his house, we don't make out when i go to his house so why should they. When i dated her, she never wanted to go to my house alone. I asked him if she made a move what would he do, he said he doesn't know. He said he would've dated her if i didn't date her, so that pretty much pin-points the fact that he has liked her before and during our relationship. But he doesn't know what to do, he seems hell confused, he wants to date her but doesn't want to "dog me" he also mentioned there is some kind of "time period" which you can't date a best friends ex's, it's got me feeling pretty ****ty.

Your friends version sounds fishy and lame to me... after all his "don´t worry BS" explanations hes basically talking with her, seeing her, and know she´s going to his house THATS REALLY SUSPICIOUS, and this kind of behaviour is also called "dating" to some people... nothing good is going to come out from this... especially since he basically admited that he likes her (he didn´t have to, his actions are really clear).

This is a huge red flag from him as a friend and is plain disrespectful to you... in my case, i for sure stay away from my friends exes and they do the same for me... thats what true friendship means.

Expect the worst man... this friend/ex relationship is a disaster waiting to happen

Edited by ccfan