Should i go or not?

roman_pavluchenko

roman_pavluchenko

I was invited by one of my mates to go out and watch a football game with a few other friends. I had nothing else to do, so i decided i'd go. Problem is, i found out my best mate invited me ex girlfriend, who dumped me 6 weeks ago, but i still have feelings for her. I think he likes her too, but i feel sorry for him, as i know he has no chance. I still have feelings for her and i really don't want to, i know shes not going to come back, nor would i take her back if she did, should i go and just not pay much attention to her, or should i go do something by myself. It sucks, because every time i do see her with mutual friends she gives me mixed signals and heightens lingering feelings. If i don't go, our group will probably know that im not going because i can't see her...and it'l make me look weak.

Don't go, right now you can't handle that kind of scenarios... there will be a time when you couldn't care less if she is riding on the same bus but now you are exposing yourself to a lot of situations and emotions out of your control... who cares about what your group will think of you? You? Are you 15?

On the other hand, how your best mate is hitting on your ex? Is that a normal occurrence overseas?

• Author
roman_pavluchenko

18, they're my friends though and i don't want her to ruin my social life. Im pretty sure he likes her, hes always talking to her now, become a lot more sociable with the group since me and her split, never use to come out, now he always does, he always offers her lifts and ****. I think she may feel the same too, shes always making little comments and remarks to him, hitting him and stuff. It does bother me, but it won't for long, since we're in this "group" and a friend of my ex's who pretty much controls her wouldn't "allow" her to date my mate. Wouldn't make sense if they did date though...she fell for me because i was really nice, hes the complete opposite, always point out flaws in girls and such.

some girls like guys like that. I wouldn't go, especially if your friend is going to be hitting on her with you right there.

How long were yall two together? Has he been in a relationship as long as yours?

giveittofate

I'm in a very similar position...tonight is a huge party at this big club...I myself am not much of a clubber, but my good friend is dj'ing the whole thing and I got a lot of my friends going...plus since my boy is the DJ i'll be getting hooked up and in the VIP area, so it should be fun....my ex and her friends will probably be there because they always have to be at the most "happening" places and all...anyways I'm not over her completelty and it's been over 3 months....there's been a few times I've intentionally stayed in like a hermit in fear of seeing her out and about and that pain that might come with seeing her....i've decided enough is enough and like you she already messed up my life and made me highly depressed for a while, but time to quit worrying about her and living in fear...life must move on, so I'M GOING OUT TONIGHT!

It very well could backfire in my face, but it's something i think i should do...and if i see her and she's with a guy or not all I plan to do is give a head nod and smile and avoid any type of talking...wish me luck, and do what's right for you

Keep us posted about your outing...

What do I know is that making oneself scarce and unavailable awakens interest on women, like wondering (maybe unconsciously) what special stuff one is doing at that moment, or thinking one must be really special not to be where all the common people is... yep, that has got me some fine ladies...