Somewhere I'm sure she'll be. To go or not?

Renard99

Hi guys

Just wanted your opinion.

I've been trying to keep busy since the break up about 6 weeks ago. One of the things I've been doing is going to more gigs. A band I really like is playing a couple of cities over. They were playing a small venue and tickets sold out quickly so I missed out. In the mean time I've found out that my ex is going to see the band on this tour, and, being as this is the only gig they're playing within a few hundred miles of here I can only assuming this is the one that my ex must be going to. Today I found out they've moved the gig to a bigger venue and more tickets are on sale. I really want to go but know that, even though it's a bigger venue, it's still not 'big' so the chances of seeing her are very high.

Basically I'm torn between going to a gig I know I'll enjoy, doing something 'for me' to have fun..... and not going to avoid the ex and all the negativity that will come with seeing her (and potentially some male colleagues from work that I know also like the band)

What do people think?

Thanks

Edited by Renard99
silvermane187

Will seeing her ruin your night? If yes don't go. Pretty simple really. Personally I would never go to a place I knew my ex would be because the moment I saw her my heart would sink and my night would be turned into seeing how fast I could make myself black out.

• Author

Yes, it would make me feel bad, but at the same time, this band doesn't tour close by that often and I don't want my ex dictating my life.

Do I go to enjoy the 'new me' or not go to protect the fragile 'old me'

silvermane187

Will enjoying the band make up for her making you feel bad? Nobody can tell you for sure if it's worth it, you gotta weigh the options and decide which comes out on top.

new me", "old me", whatever, it's still you.

sorry dude, but that sounds premeditated. you "happened to find out" she is going and are now questioning whether you should go, that sounds like you want to run into her.

which, i say no. don't do that. find another city for the band or wait til next time they come through. don't intentionally go to something like that knowing your ex will be there, it will just be creepy and not end well.

especially if alcohol is involved.

Eddie Edirol

If you can stand to do it, go to the venue, but you HAVE to be talking to women there if you go. You cant be by yourself. You will get a big surge of confidence when women start engaging you, and she needs to see you talking to other women. If you never see her because youre talking to other women, you never have to worry about her bieng there. Make your own distraction.

• Author
sorry dude, but that sounds premeditated. you "happened to find out" she is going and are now questioning whether you should go, that sounds like you want to run into her.

which, i say no. don't do that. find another city for the band or wait til next time they come through. don't intentionally go to something like that knowing your ex will be there, it will just be creepy and not end well.

especially if alcohol is involved.

I can assure it's not premeditated. I tried to get tickets for the original venue long before I knew the ex was going and thought I'd missed my chance because it sold out. I'm a huge fan of this band and was planning on going to a gig on this tour even before the break up. Another city isn't possible, first because of the distance and second they're all sold out, it's only cus this venue got changed that the local on has tickets left.

I really don't want to run in to her, but as I say, I'm a huge fan of the band and missed them when they last came through.

Edited by Renard99