Taken my mind off it!

Hi all,

I've been working with a girl for about a year (not in my office but we see each other once every 2 weeks or so) and I've realised recently how much I like her. Usually when I get to know girls they become more like friends and it's hard to turn it into a relationship, but I can't help but flirt with her.

She's quite professional and I always feel like there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, but face to face she's more outgoing and the 'line' seems more blurred. She doesn't mention a bloke, but I'm pretty certain I've seen one of her and him in a photo on her office wall from a distance and they didn't look like brother and sister!

She's the sort of girl I think 'you're the one' but I guess she's untouchable as I wouldn't want to nestle in on her relationship. I know she wants to come and work in my team one day, and I hope she gets a job so I can see her more often.

I guess I don't have a question, but really enjoying the light flirting and wanted to talk about it. I bought her a bar of chocolate for her birthday recently, and I always make her laugh. Unfortunately she never really asks about my life, but I sometimes try to get things in the conversation that 'hint' that I'm single. She might not be single, but I wonder if she ever talks to her friends and says 'cor, yeah the bloke I work with is a bit of alright!' Ok, perhaps I'm dreaming too much! I'd love it if she asked me down the pub or something but it won't happen! It's weird as she might be thinking the same as me but we'll never tell each other...and if I told her how I felt it would make our working relationship veeeery complicated! Why can't things be simple?!!

At least this has helped me cope and it's taken my mind off my ex who has plagues my mind for a year and helped me realise there are nicer girls out there. Just wish they were available lol!!!