break up 6 weeks ago now he's got someone else

petal11

how do i cope with this.. after a long term (8 year) loving realtionship he breaks up with me by sending me a particularly nasty text message 1 week after saying i need some time out to work out big stuff. I admit that 1rst week i went nuts calling texting etc not proud of that.. after he sent the break up text which was horrible (he now denies sayig some of it) i did not contact him again. i thought right thats it your loss.

last week i get a breadcrumb which i ignore another breadcrumb today tonight he calls me i ignore that but then get all upset and send him sms saying why contact me?? i know why to make him feel good. tonight he calls me i ignore it but we talk surprisingly calmly,, he has met someone else and is happy... i am wretched..how can you move on after 6 weeks.????. he says he is moving cities...he sent me another couple of texts this time emotional saying he knows how much i love him values all the time we had together and he is hurting too.. this is just too much.. im shocked, but strangely relieved

brokendreamz

I am just out of an 8 year relationship too.

I don't know how I'm going to behave when I find out she's got some other dud on the go.

I mean 8 years!!! That's nearly a quarter of my life I gave her and now she simply treats me with indifference.

I'm 2 months down the road with the last 13 days NC. Today has been the hardest - I just want to call her but I know WHATEVER she does or doesn't say will be like an arrow through my heart.

I hope this gets better! Really!!

This will probably sound like cold comfort, but at least you've had all the bad news now. My advice would be to initiate no contact and NOT LOOK BACK.

Good luck Petal x