11 Days N/C after 8 years together

brokendreamz

brokendreamz

Thought I was doing better that I obviously am, heard her name mentioned today through a mutual friend, no details - just her name and I felt sick and wanted to cry!

I don't thing I can deal with never seeing/talking to her again.

She said when she did the deed that she wanted us to be friends. She swore there is no one else and I believe her.

I am the reason she left and I accept full responsibility for that, I changed, became possessive and depressed and neither she nor I could help me shake it.

Since the dumping I have actually realised that I am not a depressed or unhappy person and have been hitting the gym and getting my old self back together.

My question is, can we just be friends - if I can't be romantically involved with this girl can I really just be friends with her? Has anyone else achieved this? am I setting myself up for a massive fall??

I just can't stand not talking to her - after 8 years waking up next to someone, to be totally void of contact is making me doubt my sanity!

Help!!

Please...do not do that NOW.

You need time apart. If you rush back in to be "friends", those feelings will re-surface. AS MUCH AS YOU WILL TRY TO TELL YOURSELF THEY WONT...they will and you will catch yourself falling for her again (Without you even knowing it)

Take some time, let wounds heal. Don't rush back in, be careful of a "re-run" situation. I had bad luck with this, but everybody is different.

I wish you the best,

Kenny

• Author
brokendreamz

I know deep down what you guys will tell me, guess I need to have it re confirmed - Sat with a bottle of Remy, realising that I've been here on LS for the last 4 hours and slowly going round the bend!

I am not the person she thinks I am, but I know there's no way back - She said she feels relieved to be out of the relationship and weirdly I feel this way too but I refuse to believe she was bad for me. **** me! I'd give my left testicle to be able to turn back the clock a couple of years!!

I know she needs a cuddle as much as I do. 5 weeks since the last one, 5 weeks since she told me she has no feelings like that for me anymore.

Anyone got access to a time machine? I'll pay well!!!