How to distract yourself from stress?

tinktronik

I guess that's the question. What ways do you all use to distract yourself from stressful situations while they are out of your control? I guess you could call them coping mechanisms.

stopthemadness

Go the the gym. I always feel great when I leave the gym. Ive also strated going back to church.And working on my relationship with God. I spend alot more time with my friends and family. Oh ya, and i see a threapist every 2 weeks. Am 8 months out of breakup and doing pretty good these days. Iam really starting to feel like i found my happy again!!!! Life goes on (smile) and i will one day love again...........But am not there just yet. Still a lilttle more work on me to go..........

sometimes i'll go and look at puppies. sometimes window shopping. sometimes i'll walk around in circles or on a bike path. sometimes i just engage myself in chores and things around the house. it might only be a temporary distriaction, but its something!

I have found listening to specific hypnosis cds (controlling stress) very helpful- in fact I have yet to hear the end of the CD as I fall asleep!:D

I've ran up my charge cards at the mall on a lot of new clothes- sales ftw! No worries, I pay them off next month in full. I felt good while shopping, and am glad I have a new wardrobe, but...eh it was a double bladed sword in a way. Not looking forward to those bills even if I can pay them in full DX