Is going on dates right now a bad idea?

BlindRage

I went on a date last night it went well we even made out. This is the strangest thing to say but I literally saw my ex's face on my now then date. Those were the only times I smiled and close my eyes to lean in and go in for a kiss. :( It seriously was some sort of thing out of a freakin movie.

Should I be putting off dating for a while all together? Everyone has just been telling me that I need to let go and get my feet back in the water -to which I can say I actually really tried for some time now-. It doesn't feel like its still warm enough to get back in there though. It just made me realize how utterly in love with my ex I still am, oh, and for the big cherry on top, I end up having a dream about her.

proactivedreamer

I think the best thing for you to do is take some time to heal from the relationship before you go out and date again. It will only complicate things if your heart is still with your ex. I have people telling me the same thing, but I know that right now I have no interest in meeting anyone. I also know that I am not the kind to really go date, the last two boyfriends I have had, I friendships with before it became anything serious, so I think that is my process in terms of finding someone to be serious with. I think its advisable to just get through all of the feelings first then go ahead and get something started. The pain will be over in no time. :)

I don't know man, we arrived here about the same time no? I feel like I want to give you my POV :).

I don't think you can really call it dating but since the last 2 and a half month I've started something with 3 girls. The first one I met about a month ago after my ''breakup'' from my FWB. It was hard at first because I was still thinking a lot about the other girl and was comparing them in my head. But then news adventures came and with it fun, new experiences and time all helped me getting over MY problem with that previous FWB.

Always be careful, I'm supposed to go to a diner for a friend leaving town and my previous FWB (recently dumped) have texted me for a lift. We did some casual chating nothing more. GOD the its started gettind in my head again but a lot less than before. I'm slowly getting better I guess.

P.S. As usual pardon my english

WindyCityGirl

Me and my guy broke things off almost 2 months ago. He's been texting me alot we've even gone out for breakfast and coffee. The strange thing is I met a guy 2 weeks ago who spoke my language. Communication was great. We went out on our first date and I literally got sick to my stomach. Somehow I felt like I was cheating, not on him, but on my ex. I gradually stopped talking to the guy because I realized my emotional baggage would not be fair to him in the long run. Sometimes your mind wants to move on, but the heart is not so agreeable.

stopthemadness

I say no,dont date not YET. Anyone you start dating will just be setting them selfs up for heart ache. I have a "friend" and ya we made out once. But i swear it was like my body was there but my mind was some where else. I cant even really say it felt good cause i didnt really feel it. But what i learned from that experience is that Iam ready for a friend ship, But difinitely NOT ready for a boyfriend girlfriend thing!! Soo now this poor man keeps calling me trying to become my boyfriend. I DONT LIKE HIM LIKE THAT. Honestly I dont think am ready to like anyone that way. Not YET anyway. Ok am getten side tracked. no dont date if your not ready..The time will come for the both of us...But it aint 2day(smile)

Cassandra92

It's been said by pretty much everyone above me, but it does not sound as if you are ready to date again. Don't put yourself through the stress of trying to start a new relationship, just focus on you and getting over your heartache. I know exactly how you feel, I cannot imagine being attracted to or caring for anybody but my ex. If I were to start seeing anybody else, I would just be consumed with thoughts of him the whole time. I feel repulsed by the thought of any other guy. That's how I know I'm not ready.