Wanting what I can't have.....

brunette4u

Has anyone ever experienced the whole "want what you can't have" principle? My boyfriend of 2 years and I just broke up a month ago. It kills me that he does not want to be with me,and it makes me want him so bad, but the second he says he is still in love and wants to be with me, I get turned off and dont want to be with him. I have all of these feelings of love, and I do believe that what we had was love, I just know that we have both changed and that we can't be together right now. Has anyone ever experience this, and how can I get over him and this way that I think about wanting what I can't have?

It's different for everyone. For a couple of people in my life, it took me four years each to get over them.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a little hope!! Remember, it is different for everyone.

for me, usually no more than 6 months before i'm 100% over the past relationship.

some key points that I had to do

1) stop contact with ex

2) rely on my friends/family

3) try to enjoy life to the fullist.

don't think "ok only 5 months left" , one day you will wake up and realize your over him and ready to go date again

hope this helps

basically it has happened to me even if i was the one breaking up with the guy. we tend to remember only the great times. i think a good thing to do would be to keep a diary and when you break up write all the negative things about the relationship. that way if you start to get caught up in obsessive thoughts you can refer back to the diary.

one big point. the moment i met my husband long ago, i completely stopped thinking of the guy i missed so much!

Been there, done that. Around the time my ex and I broke up, when I was with her, I wanted to be away and when I was away, all I thought about was how I could get back to her. I know, it's weird.

yah...but it sux being on the other end of it....i just found these forums and haven't posted up my story yet..dont even know where to start...but i was with my gf for 3 years...now she just broke up with me...and she goes through that same thing you're talking about....she'll come back and call me and say all the things i'll want to hear....then when i start calling her back...she'll completely shut me out....then when i leave her alone for a bit..she'll come back....

i know its me that should stop....but its hard....as many times as she hurts me...i still miss her...my best friend says i'm a rock....stubburn as hell...and no matter how much i get hurt...(i've been hurt a LOT by this girl)...i still miss her....why do i still miss her...