***Regretting the breakup***

Vivid_29

This is a question for the lovely ladies -

Have any of you broke up with your mate and then found out that it was a mistake and wanted him back?

PS - - MY WONDERFUL FRIEND -- YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE -- PLEASE EMPTY OUT YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE MAILBOX -

: )

2SidestoStories

Alo, Vivid.

I have personally never looked back in any serious way when I have ended a relationship. My reasons for leaving have always been enough of a reason for me, and I can accept full responsibility for my own actions. This means usually that when I have come to the decision to leave, I have put a lot of very serious thought into it.

What I have seen happen many times with friends of mine who have broken up, then gotten back together again is that they will wind up back in square one, fighting, etc. all over again. This is not to say that it is not possible for people who have broken up with one another to go their separate ways, have some life experiences that change them both, and when they next meet and decide to give it another go, and the relationship that follows may be the most productive that either of them has ever had.

I do stand by the philosophy that people break up for a reason, and that more often than not, they cannot pick up pieces rapidly after the breakup (yours was a few months back now, as I recall.) because they have not had time to heal from whatever may have happened to end the relationship in the first place.

Those are just some bits of insight. If this is the situation in which you have found yourself (your ex wants you back now) I highly recommend you consider what you want out of any relationship before getting too swept up in rekindling or beginning a new one.

• Author

Thanks for your reply and believe me, I'm taking all of this in. My feelings for her are kind of odd. I feel for her, my heart still aches, but at the same time, I don't want her back even if she was to ask me. I know if I were to get back with her, somehow, someway, the wound would open up again and I'd be hurting, just like on the day we parted. I know it. Do you understand what I mean? A couple of weeks ago, she told me that she realizes that letting me go was the biggest mistake of her life. I wasn't sure how to take that.

I can't say what will happen in the future, but I know the breakup was probably the best thing that could have happened to us. Who knows, maybe 5 years from now, we'll be back together. I think for now, I'll enjoy the time with my friends and family and last but not least, being single!

Thanks again -