I am done, for good

collegeguy_24

collegeguy_24

I honestly admit, it feels so good posting this, but I am done with my ex, for good this time.

After all the emotional trauma she put me through, I have decided that enough is enough, I am done!

For the longest time I held out hope we could get back together, even during the course of my new relationship. Well you know what? No more.

I've been doing some reflecting, and decided I don't need her. I don't need all her drama, all her lies, half truths, uncertainty, nothing.

I want someone who will tell me the truth when I ask for it, someone I can trust, someone who won't cheat on me. I found that person, or more specifically, she found me.

I extended the olive branch to the ex in the hopes of friendship, in order to avoid awkwardness of running into each other around town.

SHe's ignored it, haven't heard from her. But you know what, i don't care.

I've spent so much time in the past, focusing on my feelings for her from the past, that I have not seen the present, I have not seen what is right in front of me.

Now I do.

My new GF has been so kind, so patient, that while I was brooding I wasn't seeing her when she was right there. No more, I am focusing on my energy on my new relationship.

I have feelings for the new girl, and I intend to explore them.

If the day comes that the ex is willing to drop all pretense, to be honest, then I will consider friendship with her. and if I am with the new girl at that point, I will only consider friendship.

I will not, repeat, will not, leave the new girl for the ex. The ex can beg and plead, its not going to happen. I will give friendship, no more.

If I am single and she comes back, then I may consider more, or perhaps I will say screw it and say no.

All I know, is that I feel great, relieved.

I have a new woman, she has me. I have feelings for her, she has them for me.

I will no longer focus on the past, (Unless its for a future career, I was a history major in college after all).

I will instead focus on the present. On the new girl. Its about time I gave to her what she deserves, what she has been giving to me.

I have moved on, it feel so good. My future is already looking better and brighter.

I don't need all her drama, all her lies, half truths, uncertainty, nothing.

I want someone who will tell me the truth when I ask for it, someone I can trust...

Have we been dating the same girl? Good on you for standing your ground! I wish I was as strong.

It's great to hear that man! Now you can focus on that great girl you have.

Your ex was pretty messed up and you don't deserve that.

• Author
collegeguy_24

My ex was pretty messed up, and she knows it to as she admits it.

Perhaps the day will come when she will mature and grow up enough to let go of all the games, perhaps not. SHe is only 20 and still has lessons to learn to life.

is2008, you can be that strong, everyman on this forum can be as strong. Belive me, it took me a long time to get to this, but it is possible.

You must feel relieved to have cut ties with the past. Holding on just keeps you mired in something that doesn't exist anymore and from appreciating your current day.

You're lucky that you're insightful enough to recognize this now. :)

• Author
collegeguy_24

Beleive me, it took a while before I could get to where I am at. My coping thread is close to 40 pages long!

you know the old saying, better late than never.

don;t ever go back to your ex. you will be disappointed in yourself if you really think about it. its almost impossible to get trust back.

i was talking to my old neighbor. he's like 60. and i asked him one time, do you even still talk to people you knew even 20 years ago. he said just a couple of his guy buddies. as far as women go, he started laughing. he said dont worry about it.. people come and they go.

Atta boy college.

I'm glad that I followed you through all of this. Seeing you down and slowly rising up and now to the point where you just said "**** you" to the ex is truly inspirational.

Hope you'll stick around on the board.

• Author
collegeguy_24

Of course I plan to stick around, to try and help people get through their problems and to teach what I have learned.

I still have relapse feelings for the ex, but the difference now is that I don't let them affect me and they are fewer and fewer.

Right now the main thing I think about in terms of the ex is what will happen if we run into each other around town, which is fairly possible.

Other then that, I am moving on with my life and I will help others do the same.

Username_37, I have a question for you. Have you seen Don Ho around on here? I haven't seen him for some time, do you happen to know what happened to him?

Username_37, I have a question for you. Have you seen Don Ho around on here? I haven't seen him for some time, do you happen to know what happened to him?

Nope, haven't seen him in a long time. I haven't seen A LOT of users in a long time, like AlwaysConflicted.

• Author
collegeguy_24

Well, things are going well between me and the new GF, who shall from this point point forward, be known as GF.

We just spent a good weekend together, which for me my weekend is Thursday and Friday, as I work all other days of the week. Sadly, I had to go pick up my mom from work because she didn't have a car, and I ran into the ex. She didn't see me because I was driving at the time.

She was with another guy, which doesn't say much at all considering the sheer number of guy friends she has, and only a few girl friends. However, it did bring to the surface my old feelings for her. I will admit I still care for her, thats never going to change and I will probably have that till the day I die.

But as I look over at the GF sitting next to me watching House and reading the news on her laptop, I feel better.

While I still have feelings for the ex, its still nice to know that nearby is a woman who cares about me and has feelings for me. ANd right now, things look good for me and her.

My brother commented, and is semi-religious, and said that if me and ex are meant to be together, then it will happen, and if me and the new GF are meant to be together, then we already are. I could also be meant for someone else, or just live the single life. But he did stress something that is important to remember.

Just live in the moment, just continue to enjoy the company of my GF and enjoy the direction my life is heading.

• Author
collegeguy_24

Things are kinda going well, I still have issues no doubt. My current GF knows I still have feelings for the ex, but she also knows I still have feelings for her as well.

I try to think of it like this, one chose to stay, the other left. It sounds so simple, yet is so hard.