sigh

lovesparis

i deleted my ex's old emails.. finally.

it's been a month since break-up.

i re-read them all one last time and deleted them. in doing so i realized his ex came back to him on the same day of the month-- different months (that is why we broke up), since we met. not that it means anything, but i notice stuff like that.

i feel... empty. i had previously moved them all to a folder so i didn't have to look at his name every time i checked my email. but yeah. deleted him from my phone too. i realize he's gone and by keeping the emails i'm just holding on to the past.

I don't know why I didn't delete her old emails, but I saved them to a .pst file. That way I was able to delete them out of my gmail account.

I'm the same as you, it's hard for me to delete things to do with my ex unless ALL the feelings are gone.

I think as long as you move everything that reminds you of them, to a place where you will NEVER check it, then it's fine if you don't get rid of it forever.

Me too, I stopped myself from looking at any of it within weeks of the break-up, but I can't bear to delete photos and our phone texts (which I downloaded to the computer & deleted from the phone). I've no experience of a break-up before, but I can't really imagine any time when I COULD look back on these things... either I still won't be over her yet (like now), or I'll have moved on and will hardly want to reignite old emotions for someone I can no longer be with. Yet I feel this need to keep it all, somewhere out of site.

Well done for deleting the emails, loveparis.