Any dumpers who left their ex for someone else?

didigee

I was in a two year relationship where my ex left me for someone else which ended up failing in a month.

I'm just curious to find out what it's like on the other side. Do you dumpers who leave you ex for someone else ever regret your choice? Do you miss them or are you happier now? Please share anything.

I'm just wondering btw, after what she did I would never go back to her.

I am in same boat as you bud. They certainly are not missing us when they are with the new guy. Now that she is single its possible she misses you. How long were you together? If it was a long time like high school sweet hearts, I would imagine she will play the field a bit more before she would come crawling back. You never know. Either way move on, find a girl with some damn morals.

I think my situation is a bit unique and probably worse in a case where you'd want her back. Imagine your girl leaving for a brad pitt without the looks or the money. He just has the lifestyle and what not. After over 7 years she leaves me out of the blue. If this new guy drops her, she will probably stick around the lifestyle and never look back.

AgeOfUninnocence

Yeah, that happened to me. My ex left me to be with this new girl, and she ended up dumping him a month later. Instead of coming back to someone who actually cared about him as a person, he got another new girlfriend 5 months later. Sigh.

Yeah, that happened to me. My ex left me to be with this new girl, and she ended up dumping him a month later. Instead of coming back to someone who actually cared about him as a person, he got another new girlfriend 5 months later. Sigh.

how long were you guys together? Maybe he had too much shame and pride to come back.

Who cares? If they dump you for someone else then what they gonna do in the future? Why they'll dump you again when it suits them obviously. So if they dump you for someone else you must take that for what it's worth. They're not worth the time or effort, and they're clearly selfish and self-centered.

Move on and wipe the slate clean. They are toast, kaput, old news. And she may have dumped you... But she dumped you into a pool of millions of eligible women didigee! ;)

Edited by YellowShark

I'm just curious to find out what it's like on the other side. Do you dumpers who leave you ex for someone else ever regret your choice? Do you miss them or are you happier now? Please share anything.

I was once a dumper, and yes, I regretted my choice (I hope that gives you some comfort). And yes, I missed the guy I dumped. But, I didn't go back to him; pride, guilt, feeling un-worthy...Thing is, it was just as well. When the feelings are gone, they are gone. I reconnected with this guy recently, after years of LC. We had a really friendly lunch. What I felt for him over that lunch was extreme fondness. My heart did not leap as it did with my recent ex (who dumped meicon9.gif )

AgeOfUninnocence
how long were you guys together? Maybe he had too much shame and pride to come back.

9 months. And I really doubt it's pride and shame at this point since it's been so long. Moreso I feel that he's finally found someone that both goes to his college and lives extremely close to his house, so he's conveniently never going to have to try hard at that relationship.