Indifference?

I *think* that maybe, just maybe I am beginning to reach a state of indifference about my ex. This morning on my way to work, my ex drove right by me, we take the same route to work and I knew that sooner or later it was bound to happen. I don’t think she saw me; I had worried previously that if I saw her I would go nuts. I can honestly say that I really don’t care. It was from somewhat of a distance, and I didn’t see her face, just her car. I guess this is a testament to NC actually working, I have found myself wondering why I was ever attracted to her in the first place. I guess this is what moving on actually feels like, I have felt great all day! (I hope this doesn’t jinx anything, but for several days now I haven’t been pining at all!) As WTF_Ranger posted in another post I feel… dare I say… normal.*

I would say that is a huge step.. I have read your previous threads.. When you start losing that attraction you once had to them your definetly on your way.

That's really good to hear J0N :). Out of curiosity can I ask how long you two were together and how long ago you broke up?

I'm pretty much trying to get the same result here also, heh.

I *think* that maybe, just maybe I am beginning to reach a state of indifference about my ex. This morning on my way to work, my ex drove right by me, we take the same route to work and I knew that sooner or later it was bound to happen. I don’t think she saw me; I had worried previously that if I saw her I would go nuts. I can honestly say that I really don’t care. It was from somewhat of a distance, and I didn’t see her face, just her car. I guess this is a testament to NC actually working, I have found myself wondering why I was ever attracted to her in the first place. I guess this is what moving on actually feels like, I have felt great all day! (I hope this doesn’t jinx anything, but for several days now I haven’t been pining at all!) As WTF_Ranger posted in another post I feel… dare I say… normal.*

Awesome! I love indifference! Wait does that make sense? lol

I know how you feel, moving on means getting over things and seeing things without that veil of emotional turmoil. I dont feel anything when I see my ex gf of 8 years anymore. Granted our last year together I had a chance to fall out of love with her which might have helped, but I dunno, I approach it with an "been there done that" attitude... and like you when I do see her I am left wondering what it was that kept me with her, because we clearly were not meant to be. Even if we were both stubborn and refused to call it quits.

• Author
That's really good to hear J0N :). Out of curiosity can I ask how long you two were together and how long ago you broke up?

I'm pretty much trying to get the same result here also, heh.

We were together for just about 2 years, I was saving for a ring to propose to her when she dumped me. She gave very conflicting reasons, and dumped me. I have come to realize that we were just not compatible, o well. Today is 95 days of total NC (~4 months). I have posted a lot on here about my whole story, it was really a roller coaster ride!

We were together for just about 2 years, I was saving for a ring to propose to her when she dumped me. She gave very conflicting reasons, and dumped me. I have come to realize that we were just not compatible, o well. Today is 95 days of total NC (~4 months). I have posted a lot on here about my whole story, it was really a roller coaster ride!

It's been 3 years for me and we broke up around..4-5months as well now. I guess some people get over it a lot quicker than others :). Thanks for the reply though, it helped!

Congrats man,

Im happy for you newly found indifference. I've been keeping an eye on your posts, as your emotional struggles seem to mirror mine.

I remember seeing your first posts here and reading about your initial struggles (esp around the holidays) and to hear that you're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel is very encouraging. I hope to get to the place you are at in the upcoming months.

Good luck!

• Author
Congrats man,

Im happy for you newly found indifference. I've been keeping an eye on your posts, as your emotional struggles seem to mirror mine.

I remember seeing your first posts here and reading about your initial struggles (esp around the holidays) and to hear that you're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel is very encouraging. I hope to get to the place you are at in the upcoming months.

Good luck!

Yea,

*** I am sure there my recovery train will get de-railed sooner or later. Honestly though, I have been talking to some new girls and been getting to the gym a lot and it really does make me feel/look better. I have seen that there ARE other girls out there, who are prettier than my ex, and who are nicer than my ex. The “I will never meet anyone as good” feeling has been replaced with the “I will, DEFINITELY meet someone better” feeling. I have shifted my focus from my ex back to myself, I am not sure if I am ready to date anyone new yet. Not because of my ex, but because honestly I just don’t really feel like it. This doesn’t mean however that going out on a few dates isn’t a good idea. Strict NC & keeping yourself occupied are an absolute must!

*Trust me, if I can get over someone. Anyone can.

More power to you JON,

I've done a little bit of dating myself and it really is an eye-opener to meet other girls who are prettier and sweeter than the ex. It's also a good ego boost. The only thing left to do now is focus on myself and lose the attraction I have for her.

btw. Dont be so negative about your progress. I think your darkest days are behind you.

• Author
btw. Dont be so negative about your progress. I think your darkest days are behind you.

I think your right. I am being cautiously optimistic. I am hoping for the best but am prepared for the worst.

stopthemadness

Wow Good for you JON..Am feeling good 2day too. Know how am starting to look at it? Who cares!! He has smone else now. Who cares!! And I am starting to think also. GESS he was such an ass most of the time. What was all the fuss about?? AND Iam starting to thinkl I wish I would have gotten over him alot faster, what a waste of time.But i guess its a process I had to go through to get where I am 2day....