Do couples who break up, "Really" need time apart before they get back together?

jamespepper

Well, we broke off our 3 year relationship 2 months ago, but we live together so we've been doing our own thing (she has no money to move out) but still seeing each other and occassionally having dinner together and snuggling. There were no messy fights, no arguments just her feeling like she needed to do something else with her life, feel more independent and on her own. She's 24, I'm 26.

So it's been 2 months of pushing and pulling on my heart, wondering if she was going to chnage her mind, wondering and waiting for her to tell me that she's moving out....but she's been back and forth, telling me she loves me and doesnt want to leave what we have. I know that time away from each other is a good thing but I'm just wondering, from any of your guys' experience, do you really need time apart from your ex to make things better between the both of you? She seems to want to stay and bought tickets for us to go on a trip together soon to Canada...She says she loves me and is acting now, like she wants us to work, Should i go along with it? or push for us to seperate for a while? I want us to work!

Should i go along with it? or push for us to seperate for a while?

Sometimes people need to lose someone - or be without them for a while - to understand what they really have. Whatever you do, don't play any games. One of yesterday's posters posted a very sad story about the results of playing games. If being without you has made her realize how much she wants you, be glad and take her back.

I think it's possible to work things out, it just takes a lot of hard work from the both of you. I say take her back and embrace her. Change things up, make things better.