Why did my ex-husband send me a friend request on Facebook?

2010_Sorry

He keeps telling me to move on and accept where we are today, yet he sends me a friend request on Facebook? Ugh. stupid me, I accepted it.... a week later, he updated his relationship status to "in a relationship".

Any thoughts on what I should do? I'm thinking about deactivating my account so I don't have to deal with this... anyone else go through this? What did you do to cope?

The best decision you will ever make is to deactivate your facebook account. Facebook is not a real picture of a persons life but has the capacity to hurt deeply.

Just this month the same thing happens to me, she sends me fb request and when I accept only to c her posting how wonderful her new man is (like I never exists). Immediately I deactivated my account, it has been 3 weeks now and I feel a lot better.

I would suggest deactivating your account

• Author

Thanks to you both. I think I've known that I've needed to deactivate the account, but been afraid to do that.

Sigh... I wish I just understood his motives. I'm thinking that he friended me to keep me as an "option".... but also rub the fact that he's moved on in my face.... it hurts.

Sounds to me like he is the control type, best just deactivate Facebook my dear, obviously stirring trouble up, just to feed some sort of ego, (a buzz for him if you like.).

To sum it up, block, forget, be happy. :)

The best decision you will ever make is to deactivate your facebook account. Facebook is not a real picture of a persons life but has the capacity to hurt deeply.

Very well said there, take it from someone who has felt ultimate damage from that bloody monstrosity!

I didn't deactivate mine. I just blocked him and her on facebook. I use facebook for more than creeping on people, I keep in contact with family that's in different states and also my friends that went away to different colleges.

I would never deactivate it...I guess I'm addicted. :)

But I love keeping up with all my friends and family! :love:

FB is a nightmare! I think they do it to get at you, mine defiended me, changed status to separated and put up a new manic picture of himself clearly showing no wedding ring, then he blocked me, then unblocked me, now I have blocked him for good. Difficult I know but I am determined to never unblock him. You must do the same! Take care xxx

• Author

Horny he is definitely not. He is actively dating as many women as he can. I've told him of my desire to reconcile, and he says he's not ready, but to take baby steps. THEN HE CHANGES HIS RELATIONSHIP STATUS TO "IN A RELATIONSHIP"? What in the heck? To make it worse, he has friended my family (his ex-in laws and they are texting him asking him what he's doing!!). His reason? He said it was an accident, but hasn't changed it back to single!! Control type, absolutely! Rubbing something in my face, probably!

I deactivated my account.... it's been about 12 hours and I'm suffering withdrawl! LOL

His reason? He said it was an accident, but hasn't changed it back to single!! Control type, absolutely! Rubbing something in my face, probably!

LMAO classic "there is someone else but please stay my fall back girl" line

saw it myself played out live by my ex.. it was in a relationship with me... then gone and when people asked he said "lol i must have accidently knocked it lol stupid facebook" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: what a douche.

simple – just unfriend him, then block any future requests. That way you can continue to enjoy interacting with FRIENDS you WANT to be in touch with, not exes who do douchey crap like this.

• Author

That's really tough to do because we have two young kids together. We HAVE to remain friends to some extent. Now it's easy, I can say that I deactivated my account, period. I don't want him to know that I "care" that he is in another relationship. LOL.. Maybe I'm overanalzying!